2090 Seventh Avenue
HEAF is a comprehensive supplemental education and youth development organization that works to help motivated students develop the intellectual curiosity, academic ability, social values and personal resiliency they need to ensure success in school, career and life.
We are currently seeking qualified teaching assistants to join our organization. In this position, you will aid teachers in the classroom by working with individual students or small groups of students. Strong interpersonal communication skills and a patient, positive attitude are a must.
Duties and responsibilities
· Orientation: September 8,2018
· Training Dates: September 17 – September 21, 2018
· Program Length: September 22 – December 15, 2018
· Daily Work Schedule: M-Thurs 4:00pm-7:00pm Sat 8:30am-4:00pm
· Assist the teacher in planning and maintaining a safe, child centered, active learning environment
· Support the teacher in engaging students in activities, discussions, etc.
· Plans with and assists the teacher in preparing materials and supplies in advance for activities
· Becomes familiar with the teacher's written lesson plans, the daily schedule, methods for recording attendance, and all other daily duties of the teacher.
· Assumes the teacher's role in leading selected activities on a periodic basis for training purposes
· Ensure the safety of students during program transitions and while class is in session
· Chaperone students on offsite activities and field trips
· Attend and participate in staff meetings and professional development
· Perform other duties as needed
- 2+ years of experience working with youth
- Currently enrolled in college with prior educational studies coursework or related experience
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with the HEAF staff
- Ability and willingness to commit to entire summer program
This job requires working both indoors and outdoors, working with youths, and HEAF staff.
No Physical Requirements.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Attn: Terryann Jackson