10711 Northeast 37th Court
The Resident Support Specialist will work at affordable housing properties in Issaquah and Kirkland, WA; providing case management, resource referrals, and community dinners and other events. The Resident Support Specialist will provide case management to individuals and families that have transitioned from homelessness. This comprehensive case management can consist of assisting residents to set and achieve their desired goals, coordinating residents’ care with other service providers, referring residents to other resources in the community as appropriate, measuring residents’ outcomes and providing other kinds of supports as requested by residents. All of our case management services are optional; residents do not have lease stipulations that require them to access case management.
This position will be under the supervision of the Resident Support Supervisor.
· Support residents in setting and achieving goals, link residents to appropriate community resources and follow up with families regularly
· Provide weekly evening community meal, including planning, shopping, preparing, and cleaning up, using volunteers as available
· Provide crisis management when needed
· Facilitate and coordinate supportive activities for residents with other program staff and partnering service providers including: employment assistance activities, such as job readiness training, resume preparation, interview practice, attending job fairs and networking with prospective employers; budgeting and money management training; health and wellness education, etc.
· Plan, coordinate, and facilitate community events
· Pick up and delivery of food, clothing, baby items, etc, as needed
· Assist residents in applying for public benefits as appropriate
· Establish and maintain collaborative working relationships with partnering service providers
· Complete resident demographic and family assessment when families first enter program
· Track and record data on residents’ participation in supportive services, progress on their goals and impact of supportive services on residents
· Participate in annual evaluation of the supportive services program at Velcocity Apartments and Highland Gardens Apartments and implement needed improvements
· Complete quarterly funding reporting for King County, the City of Issaquah, and the City of Kirkland
· Complete HMIS quarterly reports
· Attend Supportive Services department, Imagine Housing all-staff, and supervision meetings, as scheduled;
· Attend meetings with property management staff as needed;
· Assist in identifying trainings needed to be more effective as Resident Support Specialist;
· Work a flexible schedule based on availability of residents
· Perform other assigned duties in a timely and efficient manner
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
· Ability to communicate and work effectively with seniors, families, individuals and youth from a variety of economic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds, with varying physical and mental abilities, with diverse sexual orientations and gender identities as well as physical and mental disabilities, and substance use issues
· Outstanding organizational, verbal and written communication skills
· Provide your own transportation to travel between housing sites and meetings multiple times during the week (mileage will be reimbursed)
· Ability to make sound decisions, even in crises, without daily onsite supervision
· Ability to set and maintain boundaries with clients in a professional manner
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team
· Ability to be interconnected with Imagine Housing staff, co-workers, and property management staff; be helpful, respectful, approachable, and team oriented, building strong working relationships and a positive work environment
· Be receptive to feedback and willing to learn and embrace continuous improvement
· Ability to achieve a standard of excellence with our work processes and outcomes, honoring agency policies and all regulatory requirements
· Knowledge of Motivational Interviewing techniques;
· Knowledge of the root causes of poverty and homelessness;
· Customer-focused and continuously striving for high resident satisfaction; going out of your way to be helpful and pleasant
· Ability to work a flexible schedule that meets the needs of residents
· Competency in use of personal computer, especially for word processing and generation of statistical information
· Ability to bend, stoop and lift up to 25 lbs
· Some conversational Spanish preferred
· A minimum of two years case management or similar experience in a human services setting;
· Experience working with people experiencing mental health and chemical dependency issues;
· Experience providing supportive services to individuals who have experienced trauma; and
· Ability and willingness to work a flexible schedule.
· Willingness to plan and execute weekly community dinners and other events on site
The Resident Support Specialist position is a full-time (40 hours per week) hourly nonexempt position. Work days are Monday through Friday and general hours will take place between 9:00am and 6:00pm, with at least one evening each week and hours adjusted accordingly. Some weekend work will be necessary. Regular daily presence is required.
PAY AND BENEFITS
The hourly range for this position is from $17.79- 20.19/hour ($37,000- $42,000 annually) based on experience. This is a full-time (40 hours per week) position and benefits include 100% company paid health, dental, vision, and life insurance; paid sick, vacation, and holidays; 401(k) matching contribution; and opportunities for professional development.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Imagine Housing is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all applicants and employees regardless of race, religion, national origin, gender, marital status, age, the presence of a disability, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Our equal opportunity policy applies to all phases of employment, including recruiting, hiring, job assignment, supervision, training, upgrading, transfer, compensation, benefits, promotion, education and recreation, layoff and termination.
Please email a resume and cover letter. Include in your cover letter how you learned of this position and a description of specifically why you are an ideal candidate. Position is open until filled.
<img src="//:0" alt="http://www.ergogenesis.com/images/ada_triangle_logo.gif" height="122" width="124">
For more information on Imagine Housing, go to www.imaginehousing.org.
Benefits include 100% company paid health, dental, vision, and life insurance; paid sick, vacation, and holidays; 401(k) matching contribution; and opportunities for professional development.
Level of Language Proficiency
Excellent written and verbal English skills required. Some Spanish preferred.
Minimum Education Required