200 Willoughby Avenue
Under moderate supervision and with moderate latitude for independent judgment the Assistant Registrar will serve as a liaison to the Academic Departments. They will be responsible for maintaining the SIS and 25Live, facilitating the scheduling of all academic spaces on both Brooklyn and Manhattan campuses. This includes all aspects of credit and noncredit course scheduling and event scheduling. They will work with all other room schedulers to monitor the database and scheduling issues. They will work with Academic Departments and Provost Office to oversee the maintenance of current course descriptions, course numbers, course schedule for each semester, inventory of rooms, and schedule of rooms. This person will be able to provide reports on room utilization and room conflicts. Further, they will support the general operation of the Registrar's Office as necessary.
- Supervise Office Staff. Track and prepare reports concerning scheduling activities and room utilization.
- Oversee the R25 database and 25Live interface used for event and class scheduling.
- Oversee the creation and updating of course sections and class schedules.
- Oversee the maintenance of course catalog in Colleague.
- Help to develop and build office processes to support integrity of class schedule and room reservations.
- Maintain detailed up-to-date room inventory.
- Assist with development and maintenance of related policy and procedural documentation.
- Assist with the creation and updating of Degree Audits as new curriculum is approved.
- Provide telephone and reception coverage as needed.
- Oversee and assist with Academic Standing processes.
- Serve as liaison between the Registrar's Office and the Provost Office and all Academic Offices.
- Serve as liaison between Security, IT, and Facilities with regard to class and event scheduling.
- Perform all other related duties and seasonal projects as assigned.
Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
Experience: Previous experience in a higher education setting. Prefer experience in a Registrar's office with at least 1 year in a supervisory role.
Knowledge and Skills: Quality customer service skills. Technical skills and knowledge of PC and desktop applications including COLLEAGUE (or any comparable Student Information System) required. Experience with database systems, 25Live and records management applications, preferred.
Other: Excellent verbal and written communications skills, demonstrated commitment to “student centered” services with ability to effectively communicate with students, faculty, and administration. Ability to work well with a diverse population and the ability to work as a part of a team are highly desirable.
Please submit your cover letter, resume, and the names and contact information for three professional references.
PRATT INSTITUTE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND RECOGNIZES AND VALUES THE BENEFITS OF A DIVERSE WORKFORCE.
Minimum Education Required