75 Varick Street
HITLAB is an innovation and teaching lab dedicated to improving the quality and accessibility of healthcare worldwide. We help leading organizations ideate, create, and evaluate technology-based solutions to pressing healthcare challenges.
We are currently seeking a qualified and experienced Associate, Innovation Events to support the Special Events and Educational Programs practice with at HITLAB such as conferences, seminars, product launches in healthtech. The Events Associate will be responsible for supporting programmatic and logistical components across HITLAB’s events and educational programs. Some of the logistical duties include project management, communications with speakers, coordination with exhibitors/partners, managing event sponsors and event execution, among other responsibilities.
- High-quality, professional customer service to all stakeholders.
- Development, production and delivery of projects from proposal to execution
- Delivering events on time, within budget, that exceed expectations
- Setting, communicating and maintaining timelines and priorities on every project
- Communicating, maintaining and developing client relationships
- Managing supplier relationships
- Managing operational and administrative functions to ensure specific projects are delivered efficiently
- Travelling to on site inspections and managing events
- Being responsible for all project budgets from start to finish.
- Ensuring excellent customer service and quality delivery
- Supporting the sales function with proposals for potential event sponsors
Qualifications, Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- 3+ years of experience in planning/marketing/ promoting/producing events within a corporate environment or agency.
- Organization and experience of budget oversight
- Experience with Microsoft office suite and powerpoint specifically.
- Experience with event platforms such as C-vent, Splash etc.
- Strong knowledge of social media marketing.
- The ideal candidate should possess strong ethics, motivation, professionalism and accountability.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- High initiative and interpersonal skills, including the ability to engage collaboratively with all levels of personnel and work independently.
- Ability to comprehend and act on assignments of varying complexity.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel, and Word). Advanced proficiency in Excel is preferred.
- Strong knowledge of technology, including internet research, website portal management, and databases.
- Ability to work independently and under tight deadlines is essential.
- Healthcare and Technology industry experience is a plus.
WHY WORK AT HITLAB?
HITLAB is an exciting place to work. At the forefront of cutting-edge biomedical and public health innovation, our teams explore complex and interesting problems that require urgent solutions and have high impact on global healthcare access and delivery. Team sizes are small and offer numerous leadership opportunities. Diversity is at the heart of our value system and work process, which makes for a rich learning environment. The nature of our mission ensures that our teams push boundaries of skill and knowledge, so they continue to grow throughout their tenure at HITLAB. Come join our team of people driven by collaboration, impact, and innovation.
We offer a fun, friendly and academic work environment with great employee perks!
Salary: Salary is commensurate with experience.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should email their resume
Subject Line: Associate, Special Events and Educational Programs
More information on the HITLAB is available at:
Visit us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/hitlab.org
HITLAB is an equal opportunity employer.
Minimum Education Required