8845 West Garfield Road
The American Youth Foundation - Miniwanca, a youth development organization located on the shores of Lake Michigan is seeking an experienced and motivated individual to fill the full time position of Office Coordinator.
The Coordinator is responsible for overseeing all aspects of Miniwanca’s primary and seasonal offices through oversight of seasonal staff hiring paperwork, supervision of seasonal office staff, management of phones, mail, IT systems, and client interaction.
Primary responsibilities of the Coordinator will be to:
- Provide ongoing administration of office systems: office and computer equipment including voice mail system, copy equipment, fax equipment, postage machine, etc.
- Coordinate outside vendor resources for these systems and train users on equipment and systems.
- Support the hiring of all seasonal AYF staff for the Miniwanca site and all related hiring paperwork.
- Provide a polite and inviting voice to all who call AYF by answering phones in a professional and courteous manner and perform reception duties for visitors to AYF and Miniwanca.
- Sort and distribute incoming mail and packages and assist with outgoing mail.
- Hire, train, supervise, and support seasonal office assistants.
- Develop and manage assigned site office budget cost centers.
- Manage office supply inventory to purchase and maintain adequate and needed.
- Manage contracts, Certificates of Insurance, and payments of all school clients in a timely manner.
Weekend hours are required during the summer season. Candidate should be a collaborative leader with 2 – 3 years experience working in an office setting and supervising staff, flexible and innovative problem solver, possess strong written and oral communication skills, attention to detail and management of deadlines.
This is a full-time, hourly, year-round position with benefits. Apply online at https://ayf.com/miniwanca-jobs/
Competitive benefits package including health, dental, and vision insurance options, retirement, and generous time off.
Level of Language Proficiency
English and Spanish
Minimum Education Required