Details: Competitive and commensurate with experience
51 Vista Lane
Provides Foundation-wide support, advice, problem solving, and technical information regarding computer software, computer hardware and peripherals, audio visual platforms, and other related technology tasks.
- Troubleshoot, repair, and maintain computer equipment on both Windows and MAC platforms (computers, printers, and other peripherals); test computers and peripherals on a network to diagnose, hardware versus software problems.
- Monitor, track, and address incoming help desk requests; assist employees with resolution of IT needs; escalate issues as necessary
- Configure and test new equipment such as laptops, desktops, videoconferencing equipment, mobile devices, phone and voicemail systems, and other technology tools.
- Set-up and maintain email, phone and voice mail, video conferencing, and other related accounts; create and maintain distribution lists and security groups; configure email clients; and troubleshoot connectivity and hardware issues.
- Monitor network devices and servers and report any issues and network/server outages.
- Develop and implement training sessions and user guides on various topics related to the IT function; deliver the IT on-boarding/orientation to new employees; update trainings, orientations, and manuals as needed.
- Maintain the Foundation’s hardware and software inventory database.
- Perform routine systems checks and monitor the Foundation’s servers and network activity.
- Serve as back-up to the Director of IT.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Any combination equivalent to: two years of college-level coursework in computer science, information technology, or related field and two years of end-user support experience.
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Three years of System Administration experience preferred.
- Experience working in the field of education or in a non-profit environment is a plus, but not required.
SKILL REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience troubleshooting Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Ability to respond and resolve support issues in a timely manner with minimal supervision.
- Ability to multitask effectively and meet multiple deadlines.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Ability to clearly communicate with end-users; ability to explain technical issues to non-technical individuals.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory, DNS, and DHCP services.
- Understanding of underlying networking concepts, including TCP/IP, routing, Ethernet, Wi-Fi, VPN, and others.
- Knowledge and experience with both Windows and Mac operating systems on a variety of hardware configurations, and ability to provide support for cross-platform integration issues.
- Knowledge of Zoom, Dropbox, and G Suite preferred.
- Must be very flexible and comfortable working in an environment with a high degree of ambiguity and where processes, timelines, and targets are evolving.
- The position requires regular lifting, pulling or pushing objects of less than 25 pounds.
- Bending, kneeling, and carrying are occasionally required.
- A significant amount of time is spent sitting.
- The position requires manual, visual, auditory acuity.
- Full medical, dental, vision, life, accidental death, disability, and long term care insurance, as well as employer subsidized flexible spending plans
- A retirement savings plan, including employer contributions and the opportunity for your own tax-advantaged savings
- Generous time-off benefits including 15 paid holidays and up to 6 weeks paid parental leave
- Matching Gift program to benefit charitable organizations and Educational Assistance to further your professional development
THE WORKING ENVIRONMENT
- The Foundation offers a collaborative, community-building atmosphere grounded in an environment of mutual respect.
- The facility is located in Stanford, California in a quiet pastoral setting near a hiking trail.
- Amenities include a communal kitchen (coffee, tea, and drinks provided), weekly catered lunches, and outdoor eating/gathering areas.
- We also offer on-site yoga classes, free parking, and electric car charging stations.
Minimum Education Required