Details: Commensurate with experience.
1340 Boylston Street
Fenway ExPress is a new project of Fenway Health. ExPress is being developed to be a High Impact Low Threshold storefront sexual health facility that will offer fast, reliable and confidential sexual health screening (STI, HCV and HIV tests) for asymptomatic MSM and TG persons.
The Operations Manager (OM) will be a critical member of the team operating Fenway ExPress. The OM will collaborate with others to plan, direct, coordinate, implement and evaluate this new initiative. As leader of daily operations, the OM will be responsible for ongoing assessment and implementation of measures to improve performance, productivity, efficiency and client experience. This position will manage a team of employees and front-line processes in what is to be a fast-paced environment.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Participates in the development and implementation of program plans and budgets
- Develops and implements policies and procedures specific to the program. Ensures compliance within the program of the policies and procedures.
- Maintains a working relationship and communication with external contacts, sponsors and vendors.
- Keeps track of inventory and orders materials and equipment as needed.
- Ensures that all practice activities comply with Fenway policies, local, state and federal laws and regulations.
- In coordination with Prevention Team managers, ensures adequate staffing for posted program hours.
- Responsible for monitoring, analyzing, assessing and communicating practice progress.
- Oversees the preparation of reports as requested by sponsor, finance department and management.
- Monitoring patient and practice workflows, methods and procedures to improve efficiency and strive for high impact low threshold services.
- Maximize use of services and space for patient and funders needs.
- Actively design and manage the Quality Assurance and control modules for the practice
- Collaborate with other departments of FH to maintain effective organization transparency.
- Interfaces and engages with clients to assess needs, response and impact of program on an ongoing basis.
- Works with Data and Informatics team and vendors to ensure ongoing operations of technology interfaces and data flow are functioning at optimal level.
- Stays up to date on state and federal guidelines for STI testing and management.
- Support all aspects of project including; client services, client counseling/education, laboratory operations (min impact), technology troubleshooting.
- Exercise a high degree of judgment, discretion and decision making necessary to achieve organizational objectives.
- Four years of previous management experience
- Experience in practice start up very beneficial
- Bachelor’s Degree required (desirable in Business, Health Informatics, Healthcare Administration, Health Sciences or similar field).
- Analytical skills sufficient to organize and prepare comprehensive reports.
- Highly effective written & verbal communication skills
- Technologically proficient
- Motivated self-starter, able to work independently and efficiently to meet deadlines
- Ability to organize work and meet tight deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Health insurance billing knowledge desirable
- Intermediate level with Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Word
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, please visit the Fenway Health Career Portal (https://www.appone.com/MainInfoReq.asp?R_ID=1934250)