Details: Mid 30s-mid 40s depending on experience and position (trainer vs. senior trainer).
137 East 25th Street, 2nd Floor
New York, NY
Summary/Purpose of the Position
Global Kids, Inc. is seeking a dynamic, hard-working, and creative individuals who are experienced in youth
development, global education, and social action, and are interested in working in our SONYC middle school
programs located in East Flatbush, East Harlem or Washington Heights and/or in our COMPASS high school
program in Crown Heights, Brooklyn. Full and part time positions are available for immediate start. The high
school trainer/senior trainer may be divided between both our high school and middle school programs.
• Coordinate, develop and co-facilitate interactive, experiential workshops and activities for GK's global
education academic enrichment programs.
• Collaborate with GK staff and youth to generate new program ideas focusing on global/local issues and
meeting the goals of the SONYC and/or COMPASS initiatives.
• Develop relevant content and curriculum on global issues, 21st century skills and socio-emotional learning.
• Work with other staff and students to implement the annual Global Kids Youth Conference and other
special projects with the United Nations, Council on Foreign Relations, etc.
• Conduct special trainings for youth and educators on occasion.
• Collect, input and review attendance, evaluation and other data related to projects and student progress.
• Maintain necessary documentation/case files, program data entry and records and provide periodic progress
reports as necessary.
• Senior Trainers: Coach less experienced program staff in program development, facilitation, and workshop
design and serve as site manager/point person for school-based programs.
• Trainer: Bachelors Degree is required.
• Senior Trainer: Master’s degree in education, international affairs, or related areas, plus several years
• Strong understanding of wide array of NYC social service resources for youth and families.
• Experience using interactive experiential learning strategies, counseling and conflict resolution skills, and
youth development/leadership strategies in culturally diverse settings with middle school and/or high school
• Senior Trainer: Experience designing and leading educational workshops that build on each other.
• Experience working in schools a plus.
• Strong interest in global issues, political science, history, and social activism.
• Excellent facilitation, consensus-building and interpersonal skills.
• Initiative, creativity, willingness to learn, and ability to juggle multiple tasks independently.
• Strong communication, writing, organizational, and computer skills.
• International experience a plus
• Bilingual Spanish a plus.
Good benefits and possibilities for travel. We are actively seeking candidates of diverse backgrounds.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please indicate “Trainer” or “Senior Trainer” in the subject line of the email. We are unable to accept any phone, mail, or fax inquiries please refer to the Global Kids web site for further information, www.globalkids.org.