Details: Commensurate with experience and qualifications.
100 South Broad Street
Women Against Abuse serves 15,000 individuals annually through its emergency safe havens (2 – 100 bed safe havens), transitional housing, legal services, hotline counseling, behavioral healthcare, community education and advocacy programs. The mission of WAA is to provide quality, compassionate and nonjudgmental services in a manner that fosters self-respect and independence in persons experiencing intimate partner violence and to lead the struggle to end domestic violence through advocacy and community education. We recently became officially certified in the Sanctuary Model ® (evidence-supported, trauma-informed organizational change approach to establishing an organizational culture that promotes healing, safety and empowerment for both clients and staff).
Provides trauma informed supervision, planning, and overall program coordination related to client services, including case management, client service staff for the Emergency Safe Haven as well as oversee all administrative aspects of the program. This includes providing direct supervision, hiring, evaluating, and scheduling the Client Support Staff Supervisor at assigned site, case management staff, interns, and volunteers; assisting in strategic, operational and trauma informed planning and related program implementation; coordinating client groups and activities, working with behavioral health team to provide trauma informed client groups; ensuring that program reporting & databases are completed in a timely fashion and compiling and submitting statistical and narrative reports as required; ensuring the case management client records/files and required information is up to date in the database; ensuring that staff are complying with funder and agency required documentation, compliance, regulatory standards, and related deadlines; sharing facilitation of Client Review weekly meetings with the Behavioral Health Supervisor; developing, establishing, and evaluating operational standards and protocol for staff; utilizing the Case Management Manual and recommending revisions as needed; providing on-call coverage as per on-call schedule/rotation and policies; Developing and ensuring new and ongoing training for case managers as well as assisting the Client Support Staff Supervisor with developing trainings for CSS as needed. Must also represent the Agency to the community, including public forums, task forces, collaboration meetings and community events, as needed as well as attend staff, program, team and Agency meetings, as required. All responsibilities are implemented according to our mission and values and according to Agency standards.
- Master of Social Work degree from an accredited institution, required.
- At least four (4) years of social work experience, required.
- A minimum of 2 year supervisory experience in social services, domestic violence and/or in a residential setting required.
- Experience with implementing or coordinating residential and supportive programs required.
- Knowledge of Philadelphia’s housing programs are required.
- Experience with Domestic violence advocacy and issues is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated skill in crisis intervention, conflict resolution, and group facilitation is required.
- Experience working in a Sanctuary setting preferred.
- Experience in leading focused and unstructured groups required.
- Demonstrated excellent written, oral and interpersonal skills are required.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively represent an advocacy agency or function is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a diverse population is required
- Demonstrated commitment to service of others is required.
- Bilingualism is strongly preferred.
- A valid driver’s license required and vehicle ownership preferred.
- Will be required to attend 45 hours of Domestic Violence Training, post hire.
- Employment offer and continued employment are contingent upon satisfactory child abuse, criminal and FBI clearances and a pre-employment physical, are required (all related fees will be paid by WAA)
Comprehensive and very generous benefits package.
Level of Language Proficiency
Bilingual: English/Spanish, preferred
Minimum Education Required