LEARN Charter School Network, one of the nation’s premier elementary charter school programs, seeks a skilled, detail oriented, highly organized development professional for the role of Development Coordinator. This position is critical to LEARN’s ability to effectively serve its 4000 students in disadvantaged communities across Chicagoland.
Founded in 2001, LEARN Charter School Network is a network of college prep public elementary schools creating measurable, transformational change in the lives of students from underinvested neighborhoods. The mission of LEARN is to provide our scholars with the academic foundation and ambition to earn a college degree. We are fulfilling that mission every day by outperforming district schools in every key metric including more than double the number of college graduates compared with district, state, and national averages.
We educate 4,000 PK-8th grade students across 10 campuses in Chicago and Lake County, IL. We serve a majority minority, low-income student population (98% and 86%, respectively). In addition, LEARN has developed a highly effective program to serve both military and civilian families at Naval Station, Great Lakes in Waukegan, IL. LEARN’s success in serving the unique needs of military families has led to its national expansion to Washington D.C. effective fall 2021.
We will celebrate our 20th anniversary in 2021 and have set a groundbreaking goal of 50% college graduation for LEARN scholars by 2034. We launched a $20M 20th Anniversary Campaign to underwrite the strategies that will help LEARN scholars achieve this ambitious goal.
LEARN is seeking a mission driven professional with strong relationship, writing, and organizational skills to serve as its Development Coordinator. The Development Coordinator is responsible for working with the members of the development and leadership team to cultivate relationships with donors and foundations, stewarding LEARN’s Auxiliary Board, and drafting grant applications and foundation reports. This position reports to LEARN’s Director of Development.
• Direct responsibility for individual and foundation donors
• Grant writing for both government and foundation grant opportunities
• Conduct thorough research on prospective individual, foundation, and corporate donors aligned with LEARN’s strategy.
• Support LEARN’s 20th Anniversary Fund with donor tracking, research, and other duties
• Design and implement social media fund raising campaigns.
• Coordinate LEARN’s Annual Appeal
• Support the creation and updating of LEARN’s development materials.
• Manage the stewardship matrix and keep track of donor activities.
• Perform administrative tasks including gift processing and managing in-kind donations.
• Track and update the donor database, maintain donor news alerts, and prompt team members to recognize important events in the lives of our donors.
• Contribute your critical thinking skills and creativity to the improvement of process and procedures across the department.
Minimum of 2+ years of development experience including donor prospecting, grant writing, and donor stewardship.
Education, Training and/or Experience
1. Bachelor’s degree required.
2. Minimum of 2+ years of development or sales experience
3. Experience in social media communications.
4. Knowledge of Salesforce a plus
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Personal Characteristics
• Excellent verbal/written communication and presentation skills.
• Ability to manage multiple priorities and a variable workload.
• Excellent organizational skills
• Detail-oriented with high standards for performance
• Strong work ethic, initiative, sense of urgency, and the ability to work within a team.
• Critical thinking skills
• A passionate commitment to education equity
LEARN Charter School Network, one of the nation’s premier elementary charter school programs, seeks a skilled, detail oriented, highly organized development professional for the role of Development Coordinator. This position is critical…