Executive Assistant / Office Assistant
- Job posted by NETWORK, A National Catholic Social Justice Lobby
820 First Street Northeast
District of Columbia
NETWORK – advocates for justice, inspired by Catholic Sisters (and the organization behind Nuns on the Bus) – is seeking an Executive Assistant / Office Assistant. We are looking for a collaborator to play a central role in the integration, organization, and coordination of the entire NETWORK office, and specifically the office of the Executive Director. They are the person who keeps the Executive Director and the office's logistics running smoothly while bringing energy and integrative thinking to the day-to-day office life. They are the primary support to the Executive Director, enhancing the executive's effectiveness by providing information management support, coordinating her written correspondences, and managing schedule and travel arrangements. For the office, they support the day-to-day infrastructure and provide assistance to the leadership team, and all that it takes to run a 21-person office. Success in this position will be achieved by the person’s ability to forge strong and productive working relationships and to be perceived by colleagues as honest, reliable, and motivated. The Executive/Office Assistant is a highly-organized, nimble, attentive, customer-service focused, and responsive colleague who is committed to building a Spirit-filled network, the principles of Catholic Social Justice, and the mission of NETWORK.
· Coordinates the office of the Executive Director (ED)
o Provides information management support to the ED, and manages all contacts in Salesforce
o Assembles ED schedule and controls calendar
o Ensures ED is fully prepared for all outside meetings
o Represents the ED to others in phone and email communications
o Assists with ED correspondence, drafting and producing as necessary
· Arranges the travel of the Executive Director
o Responds to all ED engagement requests promptly, juggles preferences of requesters with internal realities
o Successfully plans and communicates ED travel logistics internally and externally
o Works with staff circle to choose events for ED to attend that feed mission and strategic plans
o Reconciles ED travel expense charges and invoices sponsored travel costs appropriately
· Assists in the daily operations of the office
o Opens and sorts all mail; endorses donation checks for processing
o Coordinates office supplies, internal infrastructure, and connects staff to the resources they need to get their jobs done
o Serves as liaison with building landlord, as well as postage machine and copier vendors
· Assists the executive team and leadership circle as needed. This may include work on board meetings, racial justice, the Associate program, finance, HR, or other organizational administrative work
· Is an integral member of the Coordinating Circle, providing resources and giving energy to staff development, team building, common areas, wellness, and seeing our work as political ministry. Serves as an integrator and weaver between teams, circles, and leadership
· Participates in organizational activities (planning, evaluation, development) and ensures work of the executive team is integrated into programmatic work
· Opportunity for increased role and compensation after first year
· 1-3 years of progressive professional experience in office administrative environment including scheduling and travel administration; relevant internships and volunteer experiences will be counted as qualification.
· Bachelor’s degree, associate’s degree, or college coursework in business preferred but not required. Relevant on-the-job training, community and life experiences will be counted as qualification.
· Experience in a detail-oriented position that required organizational skills, the ability to meet deadlines, the ability to follow direction and take initiative, and the demonstration of a strong work ethic.
· Ability to work under pressure, work independently and on a team, meet deadlines, and manage multiple projects.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office 2016 or Office365. Experience in Salesforce a plus.
· Strong skills and experience in customer service.
· An excellent listener as well as oral and written communicator.
· Commitment to creating a multicultural, anti-racist organization.
· Familiarity with Catholic Social Justice, faith-based organizations, working with disadvantaged populations, anti-oppression work, and women’s leadership development, a plus.
· Demonstrated skills in adaptability, collaboration, patience, persistence, attention to detail, hospitality, and relationship-building.
Generous benefit and leave package, including health, vision, and dental insurance; vacation days plus Christmas week off; quarterly all-staff retreat days; and retirement plan, life and disability insurance.
Level of Language Proficiency
English fluency; proficiency in Spanish a plus.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Send a résumé and cover letter – as attachments –to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Executive-Office Assistant” in the subject line and let us know in your email where you saw our announcement.
First set of interviews will be taken from applications received by November 15, 2018, and applications will be considered until the position is filled. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.