9390 N. Santa Monica Blvd.
The Lighting Coordinator assists in the management of all aspects of lighting operation and the coordination of technical elements as they relate to electrics in the 500-seat Goldsmith Theater and the 150-seat Lovelace Studio space, as well as other facility spaces, including outdoor programming. The Lighting Coordinator manages and supervises lighting personnel in the installation, focus, programming and maintenance of guest designer lighting plots. They maintain lighting department equipment and lighting console operation for performances.
- Serve as the Master Electrician for most events and shows.
- Assist with the training and supervision of electrics staff and over hire in the preparation, load-in, maintenance, and strike of shows.
- Act as programmer or light board operator for performances as needed.
- Prepare and maintain equipment necessary to tech and run shows.
- Produce and update all light plots, instrument and channel hookups, and other related Vectorworks, and Lightwright documentation as needed.
- Maintain accurate shop inventories of all lighting equipment and consumables.
- Maintain lighting equipment.
- Assist lighting designers during tech and preview process as needed and directed by the Lighting Supervisor.
- Responsible for reading show reports, rehearsal schedules, and facilities calendars. Follow-up on applicable details or notes and communicate information to supervisors and staff as appropriate.
- Attend staff meetings, production meetings, and department meetings as needed.
While performing the essential functions of this job, the incumbent must be able to do the following: stand for extended periods; sit for extended periods; bend and reach for filing and other job-related functions; climb up and down stairs; bend, stoop, and lift to move and retrieve materials; pull, push, and lift; reach both above and below shoulder height, work at heights of 30’ in aerial work platforms, work in harness. Specific visual abilities include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Must be able to visually inspect work. Manual dexterity to operate computer and other office equipment required.
The physical demands described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made.
Minimum Education Required