2900 Weslayan St.
CHILDREN AT RISK is seeking an enthusiastic, detail oriented and self-motivated team member who will support research, communications, and outreach efforts of a nationally recognized, Texas-based, non-profit organization. The Project Coordinator will join a driven, dynamic, and growing team to work across multiple issue areas including health and nutrition, parenting, and education and report to the Co-Directors of the Center for Social Measurement and Evaluation.
Key responsibilities include:
- Collaborate in the organization’s ongoing data collection and dissemination efforts in the areas of parent education, public education, and health.
- Participate in the preparation and writing of major research reports.
- Assist in the development and writing of federal, state, and local foundation grant proposals.
- Plan and coordinate dissemination and outreach events, including developing budgets and timelines, coordinating venue logistics, developing a publicity strategy, recruiting speakers, etc.
- Produce presentations for community events and assist with data visualization.
- Assist with the creation and facilitation of partner and parent workshops.
- Expand educational outreach and national presence through social media outlets (i.e. Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, etc.)
- Represent CHILDREN AT RISK in meetings regarding current children’s issues, especially in the area of public education.
About CHILDREN AT RISK
CHILDREN AT RISK is a statewide research and advocacy group dedicated to improving the quality of life of Texas’ children through research, public policy analysis and practice, community education, and collaboration. Our primary areas of focus are on strengthening public education, ending child trafficking, increasing access to and use of federally funded meal programs, and evidence based parenting. We are the leading source of actionable information on children’s issues and a catalyst for change concerning the needs of all children in Texas.
- Fluent in written and oral Spanish required.
- BA/BS required; master’s level degree preferred.
- Strong critical thinking skills and analytical approach to problem solving.
- Desire to work with data; quantitative and qualitative data experience preferred; various
- Ability to work well with a team and also independently/as a self-starter.
- Robust data visualization and design skills, or a willingness to learn.
- Attention to detail and commitment to maintaining meticulous databases.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills for both internal and external audiences.
- Project management experience with a strong ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
- A strong work ethic, a zeal for relationship building and a sense of humor.
- A history of commitment to children, innovative public policy, and positive change preferred.
The position offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Level of Language Proficiency
REQUIRED English/Spanish Bilingual - oral and written proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested candidates should submit a letter of application, resume, and a list of three references via e-mail to Dr. Katie McConnell (email@example.com) with “Project Coordinator” in the subject line. The application deadline is rolling with applications being reviewed upon receipt. CHILDREN AT RISK receives a high volume of resumes and reviews every candidate closely. As such, candidates will only be contacted if they are selected for an interview.