3 East 54th Street
As the Manager, Business Processes, you will collaborate with functional management teams and key business stakeholders to design, develop & implement strategies for improving business processes and support systems. You will oversee and manage outsource vendors to ensure accurate financial reporting, partner with department managers, executives and outsourced accounting team to design workflows and technical enhancements to improve efficiency, manage costs and reduce error in current processes.
The key functions of the role are:
· Develop fact-based, data-driven measurements of business performance in collaboration with the executives, third-party teams and department managers.
· Analyze and improve existing business processes, presenting data-driven recommendations to executive leadership.
· Negotiate contracts with key vendors to enhance organizational efficiencies and expense management.
· Lead complex cross-functional and strategic business process and systems initiatives to prioritize highest impact activities.
· Assist program team with grant activity tracking and reporting
· Actively participate in accounting functions to include assistance with accounts payable processing, monthly accounting close, ad hoc reporting and other activities as required
· Motivate change and facilitate bringing together key stakeholders, implementing process improvements quickly and efficiently.
· Communicate proactively with senior management regarding progress, issues, constraints and resolutions for projects.
· Provide leadership and direction to program staff project teams to identify and manage project/program data needs.
Our Ideal Candidate
· Bachelors degree in finance, accounting or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Minimum 3 years of experience in accounting from a non-profit organization.
· Minimum 5 years of combined experience in process improvement and project management with technical competency in change management and quality methodologies (such as DMAIC, Lean, Six Sigma).
- Certification in Six Sigma / Lean (or equivalent) highly desirable.
- Experience creating, implementing, and maintain fiscal policies and internal controls to ensure best practices.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of program or project management and evaluation.
- Skill in analyzing, compiling, and assessing data, e.g., budgets, goals and objectives, grants & contracts, etc.
- Skill in planning, organizing and managing program or project activities to meet established objectives.
- Comfortable working in a multicultural environment with teams in a range of different countries and time zones.
· Ability to work quickly and accurately in a rapidly changing environment.
- Highly organized approach for; process documentation, project management and training documentation.
- Strong leadership skills with proven ability to facilitate cross-functional teams and to engage effectively with foreign offices and with colleagues who are working remotely.
- Love of details: outstanding analytical skills; ability to analyze complex situations, learn quickly, and synthesize corresponding solutions, options and action plans.
- Strong interpersonal skills; able to communicate complex ideas in clear, succinct terms; able to establish strong partnerships at various levels in the organization.
- A passion for Synergos values and mission.
Minimum Education Required