7 East Baltimore Street
Are you passionate about utilizing your gifts to connect people to God’s work around the world? The Director of Corporate and Foundation Relations will play a critical role in the success of World Relief’s fundraising goals. S/he will join the corporate and foundation team as a development officer and is responsible for the identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of private foundation gifts and grants in support of World Relief’s priorities. S/he will develop and implement strategies that align our strengths, initiatives, and priorities with foundation programs, and will play a key role in positioning the organization on the leading edge within a myriad of disciplines in an effort to increase foundation grants and collaborations for World Relief. Strong candidates will have a background in communications, relationship management and strategy.
This position will report to the Senior Director, Corporate and Foundation Relations, and collaborate with the President’s Office, the Foundations Manager, and program department leaders. The position will be part of defining strategy, writing high impact proposals/reports and developing relevant content to generate leads. Ideal candidates will bring an existing network of foundation relationships, and a penchant for teamwork, flexibility, and creative thinking. They will drive towards results. Collaborate in ways that deliver. Persist and innovate over time to reach success.
SPECIFIC JOB DUTIES:
- Cultivate and build “best of class” partnerships with corporate and private foundations.
- Identify and develop new strategic and collaborative funding opportunities/initiatives with current and potential partners
- Develop and submit proposals, drawing on input and expertise from program staff
- Coordinate necessary internal and external resources to ensure all grant programs are effectively executed and partners’ needs are fully met
- Ensure timely receipt of project deliverables and required reports; prepare and submit consolidated reports to funders and other internal and external stakeholders on the progress of partnerships with foundations
- Travel and represent World Relief at meetings with prospects, conferences, and events.
- Navigate a complex relationship map of internal and external players.
- Deliver world class written and verbal communication and demonstrates the impact of giving to World Relief.
- Function as part of a team environment with key leaders in the organization, including at the SVP, President and CEO level.
- Drive towards expansive revenue growth for World Relief.
- Research foundations whose mission aligns with our vision and build deep relationships to the point of a grant award—creative thinking, persistence and entrepreneurialism needed.
- Equip the SVP of Strategic Engagement and the President with the tools they need to lead our biggest foundation relationships with excellence.
- Understand the deep connection between various foundations and their funding sources.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Deep knowledge and understanding of foundations, and, ideally, an existing network of contacts in the field
- Prior fundraising and mobilization experience
- Ability to articulate World Relief’s mission and position persuasively to diverse audiences.
- Ability to use Raiser’s Edge donor tracking system or equivalent.
- Excellent analytical/problem-solving skills and detail orientation.
- Good understanding of World Relief and/or integral (holistic) mission
- Ability to work effectively both as a team member and independently
- Ability to capture and organize complex information
- Commitment to World Relief Core Values and Mission Statement
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Flexibility and ability to prioritize and work on multiple projects
- Experience finding creative ways to optimize limited resources
- Mature team player with strong interpersonal skills and high “emotional quotient”
- Ability to clearly articulate personal walk with Christ.
- Mature and personal Christian faith
- Committed to the mission, vision, and values of World Relief
- Desire to serve and empower the Church to impact vulnerable communities
- Graduate level degree and a minimum of 5 years’ experience in sales, foundation work, fundraising, and communications.
- Experience in project management
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills; attention to detail and ability to execute well.
- Ability to conduct long or irregular hours during periods of preparation for events
- Based regionally in the United States, Baltimore preferred
- Travel may be up to 40% and may include rural areas in developing world.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to have ordinary ambulatory skills sufficient to visit other locations
- The ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and manipulate (lift, carry, move) light to medium weights of 10-15 pounds.
- Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm, hand and finger dexterity, including ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard, operate equipment and read application information.
- The employee frequently is required to sit, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear.
- General office setting.
- Great lengths of time working on computer, reading from computer screen, entering information, standing at copier or fax machine, and some time on the phone or in skype meetings may be required.
- Year-end archiving activities involve repeated lifting and bending.
- Physical, emotional and intellectual demands
- Equipment used: Employee computer (desktop or laptop), printer, and copier.
- All of the above duties and responsibilities are essential job functions subject to reasonable accommodation. All job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of knowledge, skills and/or ability deemed necessary to perform the job proficiently. This job description is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Individuals may be required to perform any other job-related instructions as requested by their supervisor, subject to reasonable accommodation. This position description is not all-inclusive and is always under review.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
For World Relief staff, strong commitment to the mission, vision, and values of World Relief is essential, and Christian faith is a prerequisite for employment, based upon United States federal guidelines provided in Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.
Legal Background in the United States:
World Relief is both an equal opportunity employer and a faith-based religious organization. This means that we conduct hiring without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, marital status, parental status, membership in any labor organization, political ideology, or disability of an otherwise qualified individual. The status of World Relief as an equal opportunity employer does not prevent the organization from hiring staff based on their religious beliefs, so that all staff share the same religious commitment.
Pursuant to the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Section 702 (42 U.S.C. 2000e 1(a) World Relief has the right to, and does, hire only candidates who agree with World Relief’s Statement of Faith.
Full benefits package including health, vision, and dental options. Retirement package with employer match. Vacation, sick, and personal time. Week off between Christmas and New Year's.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and application at: