721 N. LaSalle
1. Works closely with supervisor, volunteer services and communication to recruit new mentors using established recruitment plan and hosts open house, presentations and keeps the external postings up to date.
2. Responsible for screening, training, supervising and coaching of volunteer mentors
3. Works with staff at public schools and other community partners to identify, interview and screen eligible participants.
4. Matches youth participants with eligible volunteer mentors
5. Plans quarterly events for mentors and mentees including but not limited to back to school events, picnics and other recreational events.
6. Provides case management and guidance to both youth and adult volunteers to address barriers to participation and ensure that all program goals are successfully met.
7. Completes all required documentation in accordance with agency/programmatic policies and procedures, professional standards, and external requirements of all relevant regulatory, licensing, funding or accrediting bodies
8. Maintains up-to-date and accurate client files and databases, as required by agency/programmatic policies and procedures, professional standards, and external requirements of all relevant regulatory, licensing or accrediting bodies in the course of performing job expectations
Salary: Not listed
Hours: Full Time
Work Location: 721 N. LaSalle, Chicago, IL. 60654
Preferred Requirements: BSW. Three to five years of experience working with low income/minority youth and their families. Experience recruiting/working with adult volunteers. Experience using the 40 Developmental Assists Profile (DAP) survey. Bilingual in Spanish (oral and written) may be required.
Other Requirements: Must demonstrate proficiency using computers, including Word, Outlook, Excel, Power Point and willingness/ability to learn and utilize other computer applications as necessary. Driver’s license and reliable transportation.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required