Details: Commensurate with experience
About Digital Promise
Digital Promise is an independent, bipartisan 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization authorized by Congress to spur innovation in education for all levels of learners. Positioned at the intersection of educators, entrepreneurs, and researchers, Digital Promise identifies, develops, and promotes strategies to improve all levels of education and provide Americans with the knowledge and skills needed to compete in the global economy. Digital Promise is a fast-paced, growing, entrepreneurial organization that values and rewards performance, collaboration, and innovation.
About the Position
The Chief Learning Officer (CLO) is a senior leader responsible for providing policy, curriculum, professional development and coaching expertise and leadership across Digital Promise. The CLO will oversee several Digital Promise initiatives that work directly with school and site level educators. These include our engaged learning streams of work such as maker learning, Educator Micro-credentials, and Lifelong (Adult) Learning. The CLO will work collaboratively across the organization to ensure a consistent approach to coaching, personalized learning and digital transformation. This is an exciting opportunity to play an integral role in a national organization that leverages technology and research in support of powerful and authentic teaching and learning.
The ideal candidate will have passion for education transformation through technology and research, deep experience with teaching and learning, and leadership at the school, district, and/or state level. He/she will have stellar relationship building and communication skills.
- Codify Digital Promise’s approach to curriculum, professional development and coaching, assessment and powerful use of technology. Work collaboratively across the organization to promote deep understanding of our approaches.
- Oversee Digital Promise teams working on maker learning, lifelong (Adult) learning, professional development, coaching and educator micro-credentials, providing connections, guidance and support to the Directors who lead this work on a day-to-day basis.
- Provide education leadership expertise for the Dynamic Learning Project (DLP). The DLP, in partnership with Google, supports fifty U.S. middle schools with a full time technology and learning coach and additional support that will enable teachers to more powerfully use technology for learning. Digital Promise is conducting research in collaboration with the schools to inform and continuously improve the project.
- Work collaboratively with DLP team to plan and implement professional development and coaching for these schools. Work with school and district leadership to design solutions related to the implementation and sustainability of the DLP initiative.
- Provide leadership and expertise related to education policy in the U.S. across the organization and represent Digital Promise externally.
- Approximately 20% domestic travel with periods of higher travel in the spring and fall.
- Master’s degree or equivalent in Education, School Administration, Instructional Design, Education Technology, or related field. PhD a plus.
- Accomplished teacher and administrator. 10+ years teaching including school and/or district administration experience.
- Experience mentoring/coaching teachers or school and district leaders with innovative practices.
- Familiarity with college ready, career and technical education, and workforce development
- Demonstrated outstanding communication and influencing skills with a variety of school and district stakeholders.
- Strong oral and written communication and inspiring presentation skills.
- Successful teaching/facilitation experience with adults.
- Excellent relationship skills with both online and face to face interactions. Demonstrated diplomacy and professionalism.
- Ability to independently take initiative and work efficiently and effectively under pressure, in a fast-paced environment.
- Stellar judgment, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional project management skills, including the ability to meet deadlines, and prioritize, delegate, and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- A passion for education, a team mentality, creativity, and a positive “can-do” “yes-and” spirit.
Commensurate with experience
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
You will need to submit your resume, cover letter, and online portfolio link. Applicants are encouraged to submit their materials as soon as possible. Review will be on a rolling basis until the search is successful.
Digital Promise is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applications with regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.