The Regional Recruitment Manager in central Oklahoma is preferably located in Oklahoma City. There is flexibility for this position to be based in Norman, Edmond, Stillwater, or even Tulsa.
The Regional Recruitment Manager, located in Oklahoma City, is responsible for creating a pipeline of qualified and diverse 18 - 25 year old applicants who will be successfully admitted to the City Year corps from an assigned portfolio of accounts within the region. As an exemplary relationship manager, this role inspires and grows relationships at the institutional level and at the regional / national level to attract applicants well - suited to and well - prepared for City Year.
As an engaging communicator, this individual coordinates and conducts recruitment visits and presentations, providing excellent customer service to leads and applicants, and serving as an ambassador of City Year values and culture. The Recruitment Manager reports to the Regional Recruitment Director who may be off - site.
- Recruitment Plan Implementation – Secure applications from primary and incubator accounts; Application goals are based on market, regional / national relations, and historical data; and Develop and manage strategic partner accounts which may include college counselor associations and regional / local affiliates of national partnerships.
- Manage, Grow, and Develop Partnerships – Develop and implement a plan to build strong relationships with key stakeholders such as college career counselors, professors, and administrators, high school guidance counselors, and community leaders that produce a consistent and strong applicant pool from the portfolio; Develop and manage the portfolio and key strategic relationship with the goal of expanding the reach of the regional recruitment team; and Model best - practice relationship building.
- Develop Strong Internal Relationships – Build and manage relationships with home site corps, staff, and leadership to address the evolving needs of recruitment in a local, regional, and national context; Work with regional leadership to facilitate solutions to challenges of competing priorities and ensure that individual site needs are met while achieving overall regional goals; and Inform and implement the Senior AmeriCorps selections process, working closely with Impact Operations at home site.
- Recruitment Events and Activities – Plan and implement 2 - 4 external engagements per week; Develop, coordinate, and conduct presentations at identified colleges and / or high schools and community organizations including career fairs, targeted student groups and classes, and tabling; Create innovative approaches to reach target student populations including frequent travel and occasional evening / weekend work.
- Marketing Activities – Execute local marketing efforts on campuses and at adjacent locations; Measurably raise awareness, familiarity, and understanding of applicant prospects on assigned campuses from portfolio of feeder schools; Build relationships within portfolio accounts that generate media opportunities; and Maintain an active presence on social media to support organizational and team campaigns and support institutional relationships.
- Customer - Focused Lead Management and Application Generation – Implement standard lead management process to identify and cultivate leads through targeted, customer - focused multi - channel (phone, web, in - person) communication that ensures that leads are well informed about City Year and the AmeriCorps member experience; and Engage and support qualified and high priority lead prospects through application submission.
- Performance Analysis and Strategy – In conjunction with team leadership, develop engagement strategies through use of historical data; Regularly compare activities to applicant and confirm yield and assess Return On Investment for campus activities; In conjunction with Regional Admissions team, use established AmeriCorps member profile to identify trends in successful applicants from portfolio schools; and Use real - time data to report on progress and course correct recruitment activities and strategy as necessary.
- Regional Recruitment Team Growth and Development – Contribute to weekly calls with regional team to maintain connections and foster collaboration.
- Manage Talent – May manage at least one campus - based Recruitment Ambassador at top tier school partner to supplement campus engagement; Conduct regular check in calls and hold them accountable to marketing and activity goals; and Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- 1 + year of experience in relationship development with institutions such as colleges, high schools, clubs, and community based organizations to meet organizational objectives.
- Highly energetic, charismatic approach to engaging diverse groups, particularly young adults.
- Strong written communication skills for internal and external audiences.
- Deliver strong and inspirational messages to large groups.
- Calendar management, event planning, and logistics experience.
- Experience working in a team environment.
- Analytical skills and problem solving skills, finding both short term and long term solutions.
- Exhibit a passion for City Year’s mission and values.
- Ability to travel frequently within the Region and to multi - day events at City Year’s Headquarters in Boston.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
- City Year recruitment or service experience.
- Sales, customer service, or human relations experience.
- Volunteer, corporate, or academic recruitment experience.
Please apply with a resume and cover letter. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
Compensation and Benefits
Full time employees are entitled to compensation commensurate with experience. Benefits for full time employees include health insurance with Flexible Spending Account, paid vacation, holidays, parental leave, 401K, and more.
City Year is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse workforce. Individuals from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply, including persons with disabilities and veterans.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please complete the online application and attach a resume and thoughtful cover letter in the "Resume/CV" field on the "My Experience" page. Internal applicants should apply through cyresource.