Pacific Tower, Suite 1101
1200 12th Avenue South
Do you want to “do good” in the world when you are at work? Do you want to build a successful career in fundraising, volunteer and donor engagement, or nonprofit management? This position will provide you with the opportunity to gain expertise in these areas by working with three accomplished leaders. We expect the position to grow and change as you do.
Building strong relationships with donors, volunteers, and clients is at the heart of this job. The position has two main roles:
- Provide project management for consulting projects with nonprofits. Projects focus on volunteer management, organizational assessment, fundraising, and the arts. Your challenge: prioritize and handle the details, while keeping an eye on the big picture.
- Support the success of 501 Commons’ fundraising and volunteer engagement activities. Your genuine interest in people, natural hospitality, and adept use of technology will improve levels of affinity and trust with our volunteers and donors.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Be the first point of contact for new Executive Service Corps and Volunteer Manager Corps members and the “go-to professional” for supporting their success
- Manage the volunteer screening and onboarding process and work with program managers to recruit needed volunteers
- Support onboarding and engagement of both clients and volunteer consultants, including coordinating the contracting process, setting up and monitoring Basecamp projects, and reviewing work products as needed
- Keep abreast of project deadlines, provide proactive support to program managers to ensure that deliverables are completed and the project status is updated, “managing up” when necessary
- Assist the director of community engagement and business development in supporting his work with the board of directors, board committees, and volunteer leadership bodies and campaigns to raise money from corporate donors
- Solicit and report out on feedback from both clients and volunteers
- Contribute to cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship efforts by preparing polished e-mail messages, promotional messages, proposals, and correspondence, and making telephone calls, to donors, clients, and volunteers
- Draft social media, newsletter, and website content
- Assure that the organization has accurate information by recording all substantive donor interactions and diligently maintaining donor, volunteer, and client records in Salesforce
- Assist in planning and executing gracious events for volunteers, clients, and donors
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a role that included administrative responsibilities
- Bachelor’s degree required or additional experience for a total of 5 years
- Demonstrated ability to communicate well verbally and in writing; excellent proofreading skills, and proficient use of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint to create polished documents
- History of success in managing details and some experience using a database
- A well-organized problem solver who excels in developing and maintaining systems, and uses good judgment in decision-making
- Self-motivated, with the ability to both work independently to accomplish clearly-defined objectives and to be collaborative member of your team
- A knack for accurately prioritize tasks and organizing work for maximum efficiency
- Polished, professional presentation that is warm, welcoming, and hospitable
- Experience in fundraising, marketing or volunteer management is a plus
- Volunteer or paid role(s) with nonprofits
- Salesforce experience
- Social media, newsletter, and website experience a plus
501 Commons is an equal-opportunity employer and seeks to recruit persons of diverse backgrounds and to support the retention and advancement of diverse persons within the organization. We believe that having a board, staff, and volunteer corps with diverse personal and professional backgrounds enhances our ability to meet our mission.
501 Commons is committed to providing an inclusive workplace that includes people of diverse backgrounds and fully utilizes their talents to achieve its mission. We are committed to fostering and supporting a workplace culture inclusive of people regardless of their race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, marital status, age, physical abilities, political affiliation, religious beliefs or any other non-merit fact, so that all employees feel included, equal, valued and supported.
About 501 Commons:
Many nonprofit organizations lack the resources necessary to fully achieve their missions. 501 Commons bridges that gap by offering nonprofits across the Pacific Northwest a variety of consulting and direct services in areas such as management, technology, leadership development, finances, bookkeeping, human resources, and others. Thanks to the 500+ members of our Executive Service Corps who volunteer their time and expertise, we are able to provide $1.5 million worth of affordable services to nonprofits on a sliding scale each year.
- An entrepreneurial and dynamic social enterprise that offers support and opportunities for you to develop talents, abilities and new skills that will contribute to your professional growth and advancement
- Collaborative organization where you’ll work alongside highly-skilled professionals in our staff and Executive Service Corps
- Flexibility: Ability to set your own schedule within a M-F, 7 am to 7 pm timeframe, including working remotely and/or from home one day per week (subject to individual arrangements with supervisor)
- Generous paid time off
- Employer-paid health/vision insurance and contribution for additional benefits
Minimum Education Required