610 East 83rd Street
The Helpdesk Associate is responsible for first-level and second-level troubleshooting and escalation of user hardware and software issues. The Helpdesk Associate is also the first line of defense for classroom audiovisual issues that may occur. The Helpdesk Associate reports directly to the Director of Technology but may work closely with the Desktop Support Technician as a guide. The Helpdesk Associate is a full-time contract position for the months of September and October, with the potential for part-time work during other parts of the academic year.
- Respond and triage helpdesk issues concerning faculty/staff and student laptops and mobile devices.
- Respond and assist with simple and complex classroom audiovisual issues and requests.
- Respond to and troubleshoot printer and copier issues (e.g. jammed devices, replace toner, etc.)
- Assist with event setup requests with respect to audiovisual and technical assistance.
Education & Skills
- Experience working in an academic community highly desired.
- Extensive experience working in a MacOS environment required.
- Extensive experience supporting Apple devices (Macs, iPads, AppleTVs) highly desired.
- Extensive experience supporting and troubleshooting printers and copiers highly desired.
- Experience working in hybrid classroom audiovisual environments (interactive projectors, touchscreens) strongly recommended.
- Must be able to occasionally lift up to 50 pounds.
- Must be self-motivated to find solutions and not afraid to rely on Google for answers.
What to be Passionate About
- Meaningful human connections
- Effective methods of communication
- Planning and proactivity
- A punctual work ethic
The Brearley School actively seeks diversity in its employee and student body and encourages people of color to apply.
Minimum Education Required