Mental Health Policy Assistant
- Job posted by Association of Community Human Service Agencies (ACHSA)
1200 Wilshire Blvd.
The Association of Community Human Service Agencies (ACHSA) is a nonprofit association representing more than 90 community mental health, child welfare, and juvenile justice agencies throughout Los Angeles County. ACHSA interfaces with the County Departments of Mental Health, Children and Family Services, and Probation in pursuit of more effective service delivery systems.
JOB SUMMARY: Under the supervision of the Mental Health Policy Director, the Policy Assistant is responsible for providing both administrative and policy support to the organization and select mental health committees and work groups. Although it is expected that at least 50 percent of time will be spent on administrative tasks, substantial flexibility is required in meeting the organization's overall needs, with emphasis on administrative versus policy support needs varying over time.
- Provide administrative support for the Mental Health Policy Director, which includes making meeting arrangements; responding to phone calls/emails; notifying the Membership of committee meetings; assembling meeting packets; and maintaining well organized office files and systems.
- Prepare minutes for meetings of the Board of Directors, the general Membership, and mental health committees within the Association.
- Draft newsletter articles, letters and documents; conduct research; and handle select policy issues.
- Represent the Association at select community meetings and provide follow up as needed.
- Respond to Membership inquiries, issues, and concerns.
- Serve as a backup for the Association's Executive Assistant as needed.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as deemed appropriate by the Mental Health Policy Director and Executive Director.
- A Bachelor's degree and prior administrative experience; policy experience and knowledge of, and/or personal experience with, the mental health/child welfare/juvenile justice systems are desirable.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills, organizational skills, flexibility, and an ability to successfully work on a number of projects at the same time.
- Superior written and oral communication skills, along with exceptional computer skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, the ability to exercise independent judgment and take initiative, and a commitment to a high level of quality and attention to detail.
- State minimum required automobile insurance and a valid California driver's license.
Annual salary: $37,000 - $42,000 plus excellent benefits.
Please send a cover letter and resume:
Askanas Human Resources Consulting
403(b), medical, dental, vision, PTO, Section 125 Cafeteria Plan
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send cover letter and resume to Askanas Human Resources Consulting, email@example.com