Partnerships and Events Manager - Funder Collaborations (1 year assignment)
- Job posted by ClimateWorks Foundation
235 Montgomery Street
Scope of Work:
The Partnerships & Events Manager, Funder Collaborations will report to the Senior Advisor, Funder Collaborations, and will be based in the ClimateWorks San Francisco Office, managing key elements of international climate funder collaborations, meetings, and the underlying work. The position requires excellent relationship and operational skills, experience building and managing coalitions and complex deadline-driven coalition projects, strong written and oral communication skills, and non-profit experience in organizing or advocacy work, fundraising or stewardship, coalition projects or philanthropy.
S/he will play a key management role in the execution of 2-3 multi-faceted international convenings annually, in innovative new coalition projects, and in deepening existing funder relationships, coalitions, and joint projects. This role requires a confident, autonomous and savvy individual who also works well in a team, who is accustomed to working with high net worth individuals and organizations as well as with partners across various disciplines, cultures, and backgrounds to achieve tangible shared goals.
Individuals who will be successful in this role must possess an innate ability to network, influence, build and nurture relationships in a complex environment. S/he must have a demonstrated track record of building and sustaining successful, results-oriented coalitions, operating in a start-up environment with multiple stakeholders and managing varied opinions to reach successful shared outcomes. Supporting and staffing the Senior Advisor, CWF Executives and key senior-level external partners, the Manager must possess an innate ability to anticipate needs, provide strategic guidance and recommendations, and consistently operate with a high-touch client-service orientation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Include the following and other duties as assigned:
- Build and maintain close working relationships with key staff at philanthropic partner organizations and high net worth individuals through joint project work and stewardship, with a consistent high-touch client-service orientation.
- Manage event strategy, planning and execution for key aspects of 2-3 successful, complex international convenings annually. This will include but not be limited to: Organizing and driving multiple projects and groups core to the meetings’ success and outcomes; Working with CWF program staff and other partners to help session planning groups set clear goals and desired outcomes for the session and associated briefing materials and infographics, then set and implement joint plans to accomplish those; In partnership with a top-notch events management team, manage the logistics associated with the meetings.
- Work closely with ClimateWorks leadership, staff and other philanthropic partners to co-design, organize, and implement a variety of short- or long-term deadline-driven coalition projects, programs, meetings and/or coordination conversations annually. This includes helping groups develop mutually-agreed goals, plans and timelines, and then working with the group to own and successfully implement the project. Tactics may include: plan, timeline- and systems creation and coordination, working-session agenda development, work stream tracking, problem-solving within the group and maintaining strong cross-team communications.
- Help to develop, organize and/or drive innovative, agile, results-oriented start-up projects where we are “making the path as we walk it” in close collaboration with diverse stakeholders.
- Manage and implement key internal CWF systems and operations as needed to accomplish the above. This includes work with IT platforms and finance/budgeting systems. Negotiate and oversee contracts with consultants and associated vendors as needed to fulfill the above responsibilities.
- 8-10 years of relevant professional experience and demonstrated track record of success producing distinctive, high caliber meetings and conferences; managing deadline-driven coalition projects and results-oriented coalitions with high-level stakeholders.
- Demonstrated success stewarding a broad range of high-level relationships. Preference for experience with the advocacy, development or philanthropic communities.
- Exceptional diplomatic and solution-oriented problem-solving skills.
- Strong experience with flexible process-management; organizing a group to deliver successful results on-time and under-budget.
- Exceptional writing, editing and verbal communications skills, including high-touch customer service-oriented communication with a diverse set of stakeholders, including those from very different cultures.
- Experience and comfort getting results in a highly collaborative, multi-stakeholder, fast-paced start-up environment.
- Attention to detail and ability to work efficiently and successfully across multiple projects with minimal supervision.
- Ability to effectively manage time, projects, and teams.
- Experience with environmental, social justice or climate communities a plus.
- BA or BS degree
- High degree of proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) and Google platform; quick learner with new programs and platforms.
- Commitment to the mission of ClimateWorks Foundation
- Ability to travel occasionally, including the potential for 2 international trips per year.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
ClimateWorks Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes a diverse candidate pool. The Foundation recognizes diversity as an asset essential to accomplishing its work and views diversity as encompassing differences in race and gender, as well as age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, job skills, education, and geographic location. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
To be considered, please submit your resume, cover letter and salary expectations..