Psychiatrist (specialty with children & youth (part-time) - Article 31 Licensed Mental Health Clinic
- Job posted by The Family Center of New York City
The Family Center has extensive experience in developing programs for vulnerable youth and their families. We operate an Article 31 Licensed Mental Health Clinic for children, adolescents and their family members in central Brooklyn in the Bedford Stuyvesant community. Licensed by the NYS Office of Mental Health, the mental health clinic serves 250 families per year. We are looking for a part-time Psychiatrist with a specialty in working with children and youth. The Psychiatrist reports to the Clinic Director. Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Conducting comprehensive psychiatric and medical reviews for child, adolescents and adult family members with a diagnosis and clinical formation within a licensed mental health clinic serving up to 250 children, adolescents and their family members in Central Brooklyn (Bedford Stuyvesant).
- Review and sign off on person-centered treatment plans created by clinicians.
- Prescribe medication and provide medication education and management.
- Provide psychotherapy services.
- Participate in interdisciplinary treatment planning meetings.
- Ensure the timely completion of all required clinical documentation using an electronic health record.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Licensed New York State Physician and certified by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology.
- Experience in working with children and adolescents with mental illness.
- Strong leadership, excellent organizational and communication skills
- Ability to work on a strong team of professionals in a culturally diverse environment
- Ability to multitask and to work and function under pressure
- Experience using evidence based models preferred
- Possession of a license to practice medicine in New York State
- Certified in child and adolescent psychiatry
- Must be an enrolled Medicare provider and obtain and provide to The Family Center a National Provider Identifier (NPI) number issued by the National Plan and Provider Enumeration System (NPPES)
- Must be able to bill Medicare, Medicaid and 3rd Party insurances
- Computer literate; able to utilize an electronic health record system to document all work
- Spanish speaker highly preferred.
The Family Center is an equal opportunity employer.
The Family Center is covered under FMLA.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Resumes without cover letters that include salary requirements will not be considered. Please email resume with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and put “Psychiatrist” in the subject line.