3250 Wilshire Boulevard
The Archdiocesan Youth Employment Services (AYES) of Catholic Charities of Los Angeles, Inc. provides over 2,000 less privileged youth with job training, educational and career services each year. An additional 1,500 young people receive referral and job placement assistance through an extensive network of employers and community organizations.
If you would like to be a part of a great organization and make a difference, AYES is seeking a dedicated, responsible, creative Instructor to be a part of the team.
- Conduct assessment of participants using the CASAS Employability Competency system, including the ECS Appraisal and appropriate level test.
- Instruct students in remedial and Basic Skills.
- Assigns text and program materials
- Conducts pre and post-testing of clients to evaluate effectiveness of educational services and competency of clients.
- Provide supervision to volunteer and client tutors.
- Assists with post-program follow-up and progress of clients to evaluate program effectiveness.
- Conduct instruction in individual and group settings in work readiness, life skills and basic skills
- Interprets assessments and participant’s individual Service Strategy (ISS) to determine appropriate materials for individual education plans.
- Develops and implements an individualized study plan for remediation for basic Skills Training.
- Attend department, agency, consortia, WIB meetings and other training sessions applicable to Workforce Investment Act (WIA) education and training of youth.
- Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis and/or training in secondary education, adult basic education, English, mathematics, remediation, literacy, ESL or reading.
- Must have passed the CBEST.
- One to three years of experience with adolescents requiring specialized services, for example tutoring in basic skills, self esteem building, parenting, vocational endeavors, mentorship and leadership development.
- Must have current California Driver’s License.
- Bilingual, English-Spanish preferred.
Generous benefits package to include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 12 paid vacation days, 10 sick days and 12 paid holidays, short and long term disability.
Level of Language Proficiency
Spanish speaking preferred
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Simultaneously mail, email or fax resume and cover letter to both (1) Catholic Charities of Los Angeles Human Resources Department; P.O. Box 15095, Los Angeles, CA 90015, firstname.lastname@example.org Fax: (213) 251-3402, EOE; and (2) Program Director, email@example.com