1200 Wilshire Boulevard
JOB TITLE: CHILD WELFARE POLICY DIRECTOR
The Association of Community Human Service Agencies (ACHSA) represents over 90 nonprofit child welfare, juvenile justice, and community mental health agencies throughout Los Angeles County. ACHSA interfaces with the County Departments of Children and Family Services (DCFS), Probation, and Mental Health in pursuit of more effective service delivery systems. For additional information, please go to www.achsa.net.
JOB SUMMARY: Under the supervision and guidance of the Executive Director, the Child Welfare Policy Director is responsible for specific assigned projects and the staffing of the following Membership committees: DCFS, Residential, and Foster Family Agencies. The Child Welfare Policy Director will have the opportunity to influence the development of County public policy related to these critical areas.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Responsible for staffing three ongoing and various ad hoc committees and work groups.
2. Responsible for formulating sound responses and plans of action to address specific child welfare programmatic and administrative policy issues, in consultation with the Executive Director.
3. Responsible for implementing selected portions of the Association's Annual Work Plan.
4. Represents the Association at selected community meetings in the place of the Executive Director, as needed.
1. A Master's level degree and experience in policy development, management, and/or advocacy in child welfare, juvenile justice, mental health or a related field. An advanced degree in public policy/administration, law, social work, or a related field is highly desirable.
2. Excellent analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills, and ability to work on a number of complex projects at the same time.
3. Excellent written and oral communication skills, relationship skills, and attention to detail.
4. Ability to exercise independent judgment and initiative while working under the overall guidance of the Executive Director, and provide the proper balance of support and leadership for Membership committees comprised of agency leaders and executive staff.
5. Technical competency and knowledge of Los Angeles County child welfare, juvenile justice, and mental health issues highly desirable.
Please send cover letter, salary history, and resume to:
Paid vacation, sick leave, 403(b), health/dental/vision insurance, Section 125 Cafeteria Plan
Minimum Education Required