Nexleaf works to preserve human life and protect our planet by leveraging data gathered from the hardest to reach places on the earth. Partnering with leading organizations such as Google.org and the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, we build data-driven solutions to serve vaccination, clean cooking, and newborn care initiatives in under-resourced countries around the world.
This new position is a key part of our Strategic Partnership and Fundraising (SPF) team and you’ll play an important role in creating compelling communication materials to drive growth for Nexleaf. In collaboration with the SPF Manager and Director of Global Engagement, you will be responsible for shepherding Nexleaf’s voice through all media platforms, including digital and social media, creating marketing materials, executing fundraising/marketing campaigns, editing proposals, and creating due diligence materials for strategic partners and funders. Reporting to the Strategic Partnerships and Fundraising Manager, you’ll work with the SPF team to gather data insights and help us identify data-driven ways to improve our communication, grow our network, and ensure our message reaches our target audiences. Last but not least, we’re a small team with big ambitions for fueling Nexleaf’s growth and are looking for someone who is adaptable, ready to roll their sleeves up and seize opportunities to contribute where needed.
Fundraising Communications (70%)
- Showcase Nexleaf’s impact for high-level multilateral stakeholders, foundations, strategic partners and more by ensuring consistency in our branding and working on the following deliverables: writing compelling stories for Nexleaf’s newsletter, press releases, due diligence packets, managing the production of the annual report, designing pitch decks and executing other marketing campaigns.
- Acts as writer, editor, proofreader and content creator, depending on the type of material.
- Create improvements to our website and manage the relationship with our external web design consultants. Track key metrics to improve the website’s functionality, resulting in an increase in donations or traffic to the site.
- Manage social media accounts, analyze and track metrics to grow Nexleaf’s audience, measure campaign goals and adjust strategies based on outcomes.
- Disseminate communications pieces, collaborate with the Director of Global Engagement to identify and track key metrics across all communications channels, and communicate findings to the SPF team.
- Creates content for fundraising appeals, thank you letters and other donor communications
General Support (30%)
- Partner on a variety of initiatives and projects that support the broader Advocacy and SPF goals including project management, supporting proposals, relationship building and more.
- Responsible for maintenance and accuracy of our Salesforce database.
- Manage relationships with external vendors or contractors, including graphic designers, as needed.
Note: The office is located in Los Angeles, California. This role is fully remote through July 2021 and office visits will be 2-3/month thereafter.
Keywords: Communications, Marketing, Fundraising, Project Management, Data Analysis
- Education: B.S. degree, minimum 2-3 years with demonstrated experience performing similar work
- Familiarity and experience with Wordpress, Mailchimp, Photoshop Google Analytics, Salesforce or equivalent
- Brings a great design eye to our collateral
- Can meaningfully communicate with funder and/or partner organizations’ social media teams
- Strong writer that is comfortable using data to tell a meaningful story (being able to interpret data and communicate its meaning to non-technical audiences)
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Proactive communicator
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong time management with a knack for being able to effectively prioritize tasks
- Willing to do what it takes to get stuff done
- Amazing start-up culture that's purpose-driven and highly collaborative
- Fast-paced, high performing team focused on learning and getting better every day
- Benefits including health, retirement and generous PTO (9 holidays, 3 weeks vacation, 1-2 week year-end office closure)
- Flexible work hours
- 80 hours of parental leave
- 401k employer matching