Details: Exact Rate is $12.79 per hour; Non-exempt (hourly)
611 North Rampart Street
NO TELEPHONE CALLS PLEASE
Position is for a Cook.
- Applicant MUST be able to complete Form SFS-6, Daily Food Production Record - required by the Louisiana Departmnt of Education, Division of Nutrition Assistance.
- Maintain proper documentation of meals served and quantities used.
- Prepare and serve well balanced meals from approved menus/recipes for residential shelter.
- Maintain and provide cleanliness throughout the kitchen and cafeteria areas.
- Perform regular preventative maintenance on appliances and fixtures.
- Experienced with cooking for large facilities, using commercial equipment.
- High School Diploma.
- Excellent computer experience.
- Must be able to work flexible hours and various days of the week; hours vary between 6:00 am to 6:00 PM.
- Must be able to provide three (3) PROFESSIONAL references from current/former supervisors, managers, or directors.
- Must be able to pass a Drug Test.
- Initiate and maintain positive, professional, and mentoring relationships with youth and staff in accordance with the Covenant House Mission, Principles, and Core Values.
- Promote a peaceful, healing environment by utilizing the principles and practices of trauma-informed care and positive youth development in all aspects of work and youth engagement, including crisis prevention, intervention, and de-escalation.
- Ensure that Covenant House New Orleans (CHNO) is a welcoming, safe, and secure “homelike” environment for youth receiving services.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test.
ONLY APPLICANTS POSSESSING THE QUALIFICATIONS LISTED NEED APPLY. Send a cover letter and resume to: Covenant House New Orleans, Attn. Brian Gorman, Director of Administration (Interim), via fax: 504-584-1171; email: firstname.lastname@example.org; or mail: 611 N. Rampart Street, New Orleans, LA 70112; or fax to. Applications for Employment may also be picked up at Covenant House New Orleans. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE (FIRM).
Health and Dental
Short and Long Term Disability
403b Savings & Retirement Plan
Sick and Vacation Time accrues each pay period
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Fax Cover Letter and Resume to: Brian Gorman, 504-584-1171;
Email Cover Letter and Resume to: email@example.com;
Mail: Covenant House New Orleans, 611 N. Rampart Street, New Orleans, LA 70112
Application for Employment may be picked up from Covenant House New Orleans
PLEASE: NO PHONE CALLS (FIRM).