Details: Salary: Commensurate with experience
137 East 25th Street, 2nd Floor
New York, NY
Summary/Purpose of the Position
Global Kids, Inc. is seeking a dynamic licensed therapist (LCSW/LMSW) who is interested in working in a high school setting, youth development, global education, and social action. The therapist will work with high school students who have identified socio-emotional needs or are at risk for dropping out due to inconsistent attendance or other challenges. In addition, the therapist will collaborate with other GK staff to deliver multifaceted youth development and wellness programs at the school, which is located in Ozone Park, Queens.
• Provide high quality assessment on a wide range of presenting difficulties.
• Conduct individual and group therapeutic services to high school students from culturally diverse backgrounds.
• Develop a mindfulness curriculum alongside delivery of therapeutic group programs e.g anger management, stress management, etc. at the school’s new Wellness Room.
• Collaborate with school’s mental health providers/teaching staff to promote multidisciplinary care.
• Conduct attendance outreach services including attendance monitoring/data review, home visits, family conferences, attendance incentive activities and phone calls.
• Train non-MSW staff in case management and case note strategies through bi-weekly or monthly meetings.
• Coordinate, develop and co-facilitate interactive, experiential workshops and activities for GK's global education and academic enrichment programs and afterschool leadership groups.
• Conduct special trainings for youth and educators on occasion.
• Collect, input and maintain necessary documentation/case files, program data entry and records and provide periodic progress reports as necessary.
- Must be a LCSW, LMSW, or LMHC
- Experience with NYC DOE SAPIS program or substance abuse prevention and intervention.
- Social work experience with students in transitional housing, LGBTQ students, students with emotional challenges, learning disabilities, and/or immigrant students.
- Skilled in delivery of mindfulness based therapies (MCBT, DBT, or ACT).
- Substantial child/lifespan development mental health experience.
- Confident in risk assessment and crisis counseling skills.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work independently, as well as collaboratively with GK staff team and school’s mental health professionals.
- Strong understanding of NYC social service and community resources for youth and families.
- Experience using interactive experiential learning strategies, conflict resolution skills, and youth development/leadership strategies in culturally diverse settings with youth.
- Experience working in NYC public high schools a plus.
- Strong interest in global issues, political science, history, and social activism.
- Excellent facilitation, consensus-building and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrate a culturally sensitive approach to care
- The ability to work under pressure and within defined time frames.
- Initiative, creativity and willingness to learn.
- Strong communication, writing, organizational, and computer skills.
- International experience and foreign language background – especially Spanish.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To Apply: Please send a resume, cover letter and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate “LCSW/LMSW/LMHC” in the subject line of the email. We are unable to accept any phone, mail, or fax inquiries; please refer to the Global Kids web site for further information, www.globalkids.org.