44 Canal Center Plaza
The IACP Programs Team is made up of over 50 professionals working to advance best practices and thought leadership in policing through federal and privately funded grants. This position represents an opportunity to become a key member of the team, providing support and assistance to the Director and Assistant Directors (D/AD), as well as the staff of the Programs Team. Reviews paperwork requiring the D/ADs’ approval, including reimbursement and check requests, itineraries, contracts, and other documents for accuracy and alerts D/AD to any discrepancies or problems. Prepares documents and materials related to team services. Reviews and edits a variety of team and association documents including study reports, articles, conference materials, and project-specific publications. Performs other duties as assigned by the D/AD or requested by staff.
- Provides support and assistance to the Director/Assistant Directors and staff in all phases of team management to include scheduling, correspondence, and meeting planning.
- Works collaboratively with team staff to support work on federal and privately funded grants, as well as supporting other team projects such as implementing new business systems and maintenance of the web site.
- Performs activities designed to maximize compliance with federal and IACP accounting and auditing requirements; monitors schedule of deliverables and rate of grant expenditures.
- Reviews contracts, billings, and expenditure reimbursement requests for appropriateness and compliance with policy.
- Conducts research, gathers data, and provides reports.
- Responds to information inquiries and requests from IACP staff, association members, and other stakeholders.
- Maintains team files.
- Other duties as required.
Minimum Education Required