1035 Cambridge Street
Provide general fiscal support for the organization and assure solid financial information is maintained and available for management.
· Prepare asset, liability and capital account entries, reconcile ledger accounts, and prepare accounting schedules.
· Substantiate financial transactions by auditing documents
· Perform bank reconciliation and general ledger duties.
· Verify, allocate, post and reconcile transactions
· Assist in the preparation of the financial statements
· Assist with internal and external audits to ensure compliance
· Assist with month-end and year-end close process
· Serve as backup for accounts payable function
· Prepare initial Development closing requisition
· Assist Development staff with monthly requisition process
· Maintain auditors work papers for Cost Certification
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· BS in Accounting or Business Administration and a minimum of two years of accounting experience, or equivalent
· Thorough understanding of GAAP
· Experience using accounting software programs.
· Understanding of Low Income Housing Tax Credit Program and experience in real estate accounting a plus
In addition to a competitive salary, JAS offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, PTO, 12 paid holidays and 401k with 3% employer contribution.
Minimum Education Required