809 United Nations Plaza
The Operations Manager oversees a team of up to ten (10) direct team members responsible for various deliverables and critical functions to ensure the smooth implementation of the Fulbright program. These processes include but are not limited to planning and coordinating participants’ payments (including budget set up and reconciliation and payments to host institutions) and overseeing travel arrangements for the national screening committee members. The manager also develops and maintains process training materials, schedules and manages deliverable timelines and implements efficient and high-quality service workflows, while maintaining effective working relationships with internal colleagues, sponsors, partners and vendors
- Prioritizes, organizes, distributes, and assigns workloads. Trains team members on program compliance and deliverable requirements, as well as IIE platforms for participant management, financial disbursements and travel.
- Manages performance reviews and professional development plans in collaboration with Department Head.
- Evaluates and improves processes, developing training materials for team members and colleagues.
- Liaises with other teams within the Fulbright House, Controllers, and other Infrastructure teams to appropriately set priorities.
- Develops a communication plan and protocols for addressing payment, travel and other operational issues. Collaborates on troubleshooting and creating resolutions to ongoing trends that are disruptive to a smooth workflow.
- Responsible for understanding the day-to-day operations and priorities of the Fulbright program. May communicate directly with the client. Contributes to budget planning, renewal proposals and re-bid proposals for the Fulbright program.
- Acts as payment and journal approver, reviewing submissions for compliance with Department of State and IIE policies and procedures.
Education and Work Experience:
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in order to apply a working knowledge of the theories and principles in a specialized field or work discipline.
- Requires at least five years of related work experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience managing and motivating a team required. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as contracts, policy and procedure manuals and write complex reports and correspondence.
- Ability to compare and evaluate possible courses of action and recommend or decide appropriate course of action.
- Ability to prioritize competing projects and meet deadlines.
- Experience in projects and tasks involving complex details which require well-developed organizational, time-management and administrative skills.
- Ability to interact with all levels of team members, and internal and potentially external contacts; sensitive to cultural differences when working with people from other cultures.
- Ability to exercise discretion on confidential matters and to demonstrate sound judgment in consulting with and keeping others informed. Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Demonstrated proficiency in PeopleSoft and Oracle CRM on Demand strongly preferred.
Work Conditions & Physical Demands
Essential functions are performed in a general office setting with low noise. Job demands may require long periods of sitting; telephone work and/or computer work, as well as interactions with other team members and external stakeholders. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status..
Minimum Education Required