Details: Salary is commensurate with experience.
Position: Housing Counselor
Department: Homeownership Center
Status: Full-time with benefits
Reports to: Director of Homebuyer Education & Credit Counseling
Organization: MANNA, Inc.
Background: MANNA is a nonprofit developer of quality affordable housing since 1982 and was the first organization in the country to create a Homebuyer's Club, which is a peer support group and homeownership counseling program. This program, created in 1986, has been replicated nationally by NeighborWorks American (formerly the Neighborhood Reinvestment Corporation).
Description: A MANNA Housing Counselor provides education and coaching services in a classroom and one on one setting to discuss topics related to hosuing while managing a continuous client pipeline. Also, works with a team of housing counselors to run and promote MANNA's exclusive homebuyer's club.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Client Case Management
- Logging client information into computer database
- Client coaching and follow ups
- Creating Action Plans for new clients
- Attend Workshops and Trainings
- Provide Workshop presentations
- Provide reporting to higher management and funders
- Provide feedback to Director on existing programs
- Maintain Program Management & Promotion of MANNA's housing programs and developments
- Bachelor's Degree (4 Year Degree)
- Strong case management skills
- HUD Certified Housing Counselor
- Prior experience with low and moderate-income households
- 3 or more years experience as a Housing Counselor (Preferred)
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Calendar
- Proficient in case management software
- Knowledge of best practices in homebuyer education and credit counseling including affirmative marketing plans and tactics
- Familiar with home purchase process and mortgage process
- Highly organized and meticulous to details.
- Ability to multi-task and timely complete project tasks under pressure.
- Ability to work independently & in a team setting
- Ability to motivate adults which includes
- Ability to meet deadlines for other departments as required
The offices are located in Washington, DC. Office hours will vary pending client meetings and orientations. Office hours include monthly weekend meetings. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Full-time Permanent Position with comprehensive benefits package.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
If interested in applying for the position, include these following items in an email;
- Cover Letter
- Contact information
All emails should be addressed to: HRManagementMDC@gmail.com
We will be collecting resumes and creating a list of viable candidates on a rolling basis.
Applicants may be contacted immediately or after some time.
Inquiries without all previously mentioned components will be ignored.