Details: plus excellent benefit package
1701 W. Superior St.
Erie Neighborhood House, a progressive social service agency serving the Chicago metropolitan area and dedicated to promoting a just and inclusive society, is seeking a full-time School Age Intake Specialist Reporting to the Intake Manager the School Age Intake Specialist basic function is to maintain active status of re-determinations, assure full enrollment, maintain internal reporting on re-determination status, ensure families are approved for services, and maintain eligibility for Child and Adult Care Food Program.
Reporting to the Intake Manager in the Childcare Department, the SAP Intake Specialist position responsibilities include:
· Inform parents in person, by mail, phone or email; in a timely and sensitive manner, when their re-determinations are due
· Provide excellent customer service to parents and other providers over the phone or in person
· With parents, complete, assess and determine eligibility for childcare services as determined by IDHS policies and procedures including verification of documentation submitted in the state database IPACS and CCMS
· Create and maintain reports of re-determination status for children and families eligibility in the After School Program
· Meet with parents at different sites to assist with re-determinations
· Assist Intake Manager and Intake Specialist in preparing all required, accurate IDHS and FSS documentation as needed to ensure eligibility for the childcare assistance program including COPA data entry and verification of documentation for children in the After School Program
· Create and maintain reports of re-determination status for children and families eligibility in the After School Programs
· Inform Contract Specialist and Billing & Collections Clerk of any changes in parent copayments and contact information (phone number and address) as a result of re-determination for After School Program
· Assist Intake Manager and Intake Specialist with enrollment of families and recruitment
· Update CACFP master eligibility list when family income size or category changes
· Assist parents in completing food application forms yearly
· Meet at least bi-weekly with Intake Manager for supervision and support
· Make referrals to other agencies and/or to Action for Children Resource & Referral for ineligible families or those needing additional assistance
· Assist in translation of parent announcements and letters, etc.
· Ensure confidentiality of parent information received and managed by the agency
· Meet on a monthly basis with Childcare Team (including Directors, Social Workers, Psychologists, and Program Coordinators and Assistants) to receive updates on child /family issues, programmatic issues, etc.
· Plan and participate in staff and parent development activities with the Team
· Participate in mandatory monthly all-agency meetings and other agency event as necessary. Support Erie’s fundraising efforts/ events. Attend mandated and other appropriate workshops/presentations that will promote professional development.
· Responsible for the program complying with Erie’s, the Board of Ed’s and all City and State licensing requirements and performance standards, including promoting the health and safety of all the children, following sanitation procedures and universal precautions, completing a bi-annual physical exam, complying with the Confidentiality and Child Abuse & Neglect Acts as a mandated reporter, as well as the American’s with Disabilities Act and Erie’s Inclusion Policy
· Other job-related duties as assigned
Qualifications and Requirements:
· This position minimally requires an A.A. in Business or related field.
· Computer skills for Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Access, Publisher, and Outlook) required.
· Experience with COPA Database a plus. Office experience preferred.
· Must be able to read, write and speak English and Spanish.
· Ability to lift and carry children and other items weighing up to 50 pounds, including evacuation of the building during emergencies.
· Demonstrate the following qualities: self-motivated, self-directed, follows directions, makes good judgments, creative reliable and dependable.
· Exhibits sincere interest in working families and community and is knowledgeable about available resources.
· Proof of eligibility to work in the U.S.
· Ability to respond immediately to any emergency situation.
· Hours are 9:30 am to 5:30 pm Monday to Friday however, flexibility with work schedule as position may require some evening and/or weekend hours.
· Upon offer of employment, must complete all forms related to hiring, including Erie’s application and employment status and 3 letters of recommendation. In addition, must complete all DCFS forms, including a Criminal Background Check, Fingerprinting and a Child Abuse and Neglect Background Check.
Level of Language Proficiency
Bilingual / English/Spanish Speaking
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please forward resume, cover letter and a list of three professional references by Wednesday, November 2, 2018 to:
Gloria Razo, MSW
Staff Development Manager | Human Resources
Erie Neighborhood House
1701 W. Superior St.
Chicago, IL 60622 send via