Summary & Essential Functions
This position will be responsible for developing and overseeing daily programming at both Belmont Charter Elementary School/Belmont Charter Middle School that is aimed at promoting the development of enrichment, academic and life skills for school- aged students in an after school environment.
This role will also be charged with managing a team of full time and part-time staff as well as any grants and resources that are allocated towards programs. The individual in this role must have a passion for after school programming and youth development.
- Develop and oversee daily out of school time programming for site; including summer programming and non-school day days;
- Manage a team of full time staff to ensure the program runs smoothly and is in compliance with grant requirements;
- Provide leadership, direction and direct supervision of After School Program staff;
- Manage program scheduling and training to ensure high quality and consistent programming for students;
- Manage employee schedules, time off requests, overtime approvals, hourly staff timekeeping requirements and department budgets;
- Lead budget planning and decision making in partnership with the Head of Programs to determine staffing, equipment, and transportation needs;
- Program purchasing within budgetary guidelines;
- Interface with major donors and institutional donors to support fundraising discussions;
- Hire, train, schedule and manage part-time staff;
- Screening, hiring, training and evaluation of support staff.
- Managing circulation of weekly newsletter, as well as weekly curriculum planning.
- Ensure a safe, clean, orderly and well maintained space for all after school activities;
- Seek out and implement programming that is consistent with overall academic goals of the middle and elementary school and provides in-depth skill building opportunities for participants;
- Communicate information clearly to parents, staff, superiors, partners and other related parties regarding schedule, logistics and goals of programs;
- Lead implementation of all showcases, games, and productions for after school activities;
- Participate in parent conferences as needed and in accordance with program regulations;
- Report incidents of suspected child abuse to proper authorities;
- Complete additional tasks assigned by Supervisor;
- Assist in other programmatic function as required, such as special events, to support the program and school;
- Develop, plan and implement activities that attract and retain elementary and middle school students;
- Track attendance data and follow-up with parents of students who are not attending on a weekly basis;
Qualifications & Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in Child Development is preferred;
- 3 years of direct supervision of School Age students;
- 2 years in a supervisory role in an after school/daycare environment preferred;
- Basic knowledge of State licensing regulations for a Daycare Center preferred ;
- Strong written and communication skills;
- Displays initiative and ability to follow-through;
- Enthusiasm for youth development;
- Ability to work evenings and occasional weekends;