Reporting to the Chief, Strategic Positioning & Communications, this position is responsible for the collection, maintenance and analysis of data to help the ATS meet its core mission. Particular areas of focus will include membership, institutional subscriptions to ATS journals and, most importantly, the international conference. In addition, this position will serve as the Society’s Data Protection Officer, helping ensure it is in compliance with relevant national and international data management/protections regulations.
Primary Responsibilities include:
Collection and management of ATS data
ATS collects data from multiple sources – members and prospects, conference attendees and abstract authors, journal authors and advertising, institutional subscribers, etc. This position will help streamline the data collection so it can be used by members and staff to help the Society meet its larger mission goals.
· Provide technical expertise on data storage structures, data mining and data cleansing.
· Help ATS obtain data from these various sources that is clean and easily assimilated into existing data repositories.
· Work with IT web development team in supporting initiatives for data integrity and normalization.
· Work closely with vendors in the development of API web services to ensure data consistency and accuracy.
Analysis of data
· Serve as a resource for ATS members and staff, providing requested analytics in a timely manner.
· Train interested staff how they can manipulate data in ATS resources to conduct their own quality data analysis.
· Manage and design the reporting environment using business intelligence tools i.e. Domo.
Management and Administration of relevant data systems
· Work closely with ATS’s in-house resources, Salesforce, DOMO, Hubspot to ensure the data is stored properly and the systems are operating correctly.
· Coordinate system maintenance, upgrades with other members of the IT staff.
· Use software and Internet applications to assist with maintenance and performance issues.
Data Protection Officer – duties
ATS must comply with a number of U.S. and international data security / protection protocols (the most recent being the upcoming EU’s General Data Protection Regulation).
· This position will help ensure the ATS policies and practices comply with these regulations and, to the extent that they need to be updated, will provide recommendations and oversee their implementation.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
· A Master’s degree in any of biostatistics and research methods, data management, computer science with an emphasis on statistics and data methods, computer engineering, or other IT data analysis or research-related fields
· Skill and experience in working with statistical software, such as EpiInfo, SAS, R, Python or Stata
· Knowledge of data quality assurance systems
· Minimum 3 years’ post-school working exp. as a data manager/bio-statistical analyst in a reputable organization.
· Must have a good working knowledge of Salesforce, DOMO and Hubspot
· Must have good communication and interpersonal skills. Must demonstrate good management and leadership traits
· Must be willing and able to work in a team, as either a member of a team or the leader of the team
· Display of outstanding research and organizational abilities
· Must be able to think critically and pay complete attention to details
· Must be self-motivated, goal-oriented, and be able to display excellent customer service skills
· Must have good research & bio-statistical skills (including data evaluation/ analysis using relevant computer app.)
· Must be able to accomplish assignments/tasks with little or no supervision
· Work with application team to develop database architectures, coding standards, & quality assurance policies and procedures.
· Develop long-term goals for production databases in conjunction with data owners and department managers.
· Conduct research and make recommendations on database products, services, protocols, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts.
· Help ensure the stability and reliability of data access and data quality across the organization via ongoing database support and maintenance.
· Analyze user requirements for reports, forms, queries, and data extraction.
· Develop and deploy end-user practices and tools for data extraction, queries, and data manipulation in accordance with business processes.
· Provide end-user training as necessary with regards to the effective and efficient use of database tools and resources. Respond to and resolve database access and performance issues.
· Create and document models for new database development and/or changes to existing ones through data flowcharting.
· Advise on the allocation of physical data storage for database systems.
· Develop, implement, and maintain change control and testing processes for modifications to databases.
· Perform database transaction and security audits.
· Perform ad-hoc reporting as required by the business. Performs other duties as required
We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefit package, including medical, dental, life, ltd, 403(b), FSA. Equal Opportunity Employer.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, please send resume and cover letter with salary requirements to: https://careers-thoracic.icims.com/