1109 Fifth Avenue
The Special Sales Associate is the lead salesperson and shop liaison assisting customers with a wide range of high-end merchandise and special order purchases. Warm and engaging, this person should truly enjoy proactively interacting with people. Candidates should have the flexibility to handle various retail selling situations, from slow-paced sales requiring individualized attention to fast-paced sales assisting museum crowds and holiday shoppers. The incumbent will become a leader in learning about new and existing merchandise and will guide other staff in upselling clients. They will also provide personalized experiences to regular clientele, including individualized follow-up by phone or email. This position requires availability on Sundays, major holidays (such as Christmas and New Year’s Day), and some evenings.
- Provide exceptional customer service to all guests
- Proactively approach guests and assist with their merchandise selection, including presenting merchandise and effectively communicating product features and stories
- Execute accurate computer generated point of sale transactions, including capturing guest information for future communications
- Organize special order sales from start to finish, including communicating with customers and vendors throughout a project
- Oversee and maintain special order files in shop for all sales staff to access
- Cultivate customer relationships with appropriate follow-up to encourage repeat shop and museum engagement
- Gift wrap and bag customer purchases, replenish inventory from stockroom, and assist with maintaining organization and appearance of the shop.
- Participate in annual year-end inventory in June and help with special events as needed throughout the year.
- Available to work on national holidays when Museum galleries and shop are open
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time during working hours and handle light lifting
- High-end retail experience necessary
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including ability to work well with high-level staff and customers
- Must be detail oriented and highly organized
- Must be able to handle a fast-paced retail environment
- Must be computer literate; knowledge of Retail Pro or similar POS computer program preferred
- Knowledge of Judaica a plus
- Interest in art and cultural institutions
- Works well within a team
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Send Resume with Cover Letter To:
Associate Director, Human Resources
The Jewish Museum
1109 Fifth Avenue
New York, NY 10128
The Jewish Museum is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to building a culturally diverse staff and encourages applications from diverse candidates.