101 Fleet Place
Position: Group Teacher
Program/Department: Early Childhood Programs, Duffield Children’s Center
Reports to: Site Director
Work Location: 101 Fleet Place, Brooklyn. NY 11201
Hours: Full Time
Our Early Childhood education program is designed to enhance the physical, social, emotional, cognitive, and language development of young children through high quality educational and social services for themselves, their families. Group Teachers supervise an assistant teacher and a classroom aide and plan and execute quality learning experiences for children using NYS Common Core and Creative Curriculum for Preschoolers.
- Work within the framework of the Brooklyn Community Service in carrying out its policies and procedures.
- Supervise an assistant teacher, a classroom aide and classroom volunteer; plan and execute quality learning experiences for children.
- Responsible for appropriate arrangement of classroom; plan the use of community resources to enrich the educational content of the program.
- Prepare weekly lesson plans according to NYS Common Core, Creative Curriculum, and program school readiness goals; develop sound educational practices appropriate to the age and development of children in order to prepare for positive learning experiences.
- Conduct child observations, complete quarterly Child Development Assessments (Creative Curriculum), and hold quarterly parent conferences and/or conduct home visits twice per year. Actively participate in team meetings and supervision sessions. Collaborate with team to implement a high-quality learning environment.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with parents and families of children served; Maintain good relationships with colleagues and administrators; Conduct observations and assessments of children and the classroom environment.
- Provide lesson planning support by reviewing teacher’s curriculum.
- Ensure site meets requirements relating to certified staff being present during hours of operation.
- After care coverage when necessary.
- Other related duties, as assigned, consistent with above.
Position requires BA/BS in Early Childhood Education and NYS Certification N-6. Must enroll in Master’s program to obtain MA degree; Minimum two years of previous teaching experience in N-K required. Criminal background check and fingerprinting required.
Medical insurance, voluntary dental and vision insurance; 23 accrued vacation days and 12 sick days, life insurance coverage paid by employer, pre-tax commuter benefits, 403b retirement plan as well as training and professional development opportunities.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Email cover letter and resume to:
Ms. Sharon Turner, Education Director