WOMEN'S & CHILDREN'S CRISIS SHELTER
Location: Crisis Shelter
Supervisor: Executive Director
The Women’s and Children’s Crisis Shelter, Inc. (WCCS) is seeking a full-time Shelter Director to promote safety and empowerment of victims of domestic violence by overseeing 24 hour, 7 day a week programming and operations of 30-45 day emergency domestic violence shelter.
·Daily operations of the emergency shelter and available on-call to shelter emergencies/needs;
·Supervises all shelter staff; Directly supervises Case Managers and guides them through supervising Family Advocates and Family Support Workers;
·Assures that agency services are provided to clients in a trauma informed, caring and professional manner;
·Assures program operates smoothly and within agency policies, guidelines, budget and contractual obligations;
·Assures WCCS contract compliance and quality assurance;
·Maintains program fiscal and statistical reports and submits them in a timely manner;
·Assures accuracy of reports and data management;
·Maintains client records and program reports; and
·Notifies supervisor of problems in a timely manner.
·Ongoing Shelter activities include:
o Working with management & clients in reviewing & evaluating agency program to meet
participants' and community needs;
o Maintaining effective services and program for domestic violence victims;
o Maintaining effective team leadership;
o Assures & maintains documentation of agency services and client statistical data;
o Coordinates hiring, training, evaluating, disciplining, and discharging of staffing as necessary in
accordance with agency policies;
o Coordinates staff meetings and staff development;
o Attends appropriate training workshops and domestic violence conferences;
o Represents the agency at assigned community meetings; and
o Assures, maintains, and demonstrates professional behavior leadership.
o Attends staff meetings and in-service trainings as needed; and
o Facilitates support groups, parenting classes, life-skills classes as needed;
o Performs additional duties as requested by supervisor.
· MA preferred or BA from accredited college and equivalent experience required;
· Previous supervision experience leading a team required;
· 40 hour domestic violence training preferred;
· Knowledge of family structure and community dynamics of population served;
· Cultural sensitivity; Ability to accept diverse personal and cultural behaviors;
· Experience working with domestic violence legal advocacy issues and victim rights;
· Experience in crisis intervention and working with domestic violence victims;
· Needs strong communication, writing and computer skills;
· Must be able to work without extensive supervision;
· Must exhibit flexibility, mature judgment, confidence and competence;
· Commitment to working toward the empowerment of domestic violence victims and their children;
· Ability to role model non-judgmental and non-violent behavior in conflict resolution;
· Bilingual English/Spanish preferred; and •
· Must have current California Driver's License, good driving record and current automobile
Salary: $50,000 annual exempt, salaried position. Medical, dental and vision insurance benefits after 90 days of employment. Eligible for vacation, holiday and sick time.
Hours: Full-time with work schedule of Monday-Friday day schedule, with flexibility for coverage. On-call as needed.
To Apply: Please submit a cover letter and resume to: HR@dvshelter.org
Closing Date: This position will remain open until filled.
**No phone calls, please**
Women’s and Children’s Crisis Shelter
13203 Hadley Street, Suite 103
Whittier, CA 90601
(562) 945-3937 - Phone
(562) 945-1037 - Fax
“Women’s and Children’s Crisis Shelter is committed to provide safety, shelter and hope to victims of domestic violence.”
WCCS is an equal opportunity employer. All employees and applicants are evaluated by WCCS on the basis of their qualifications, consistent with applicable state and federal laws, without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), national origin or ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition (including cancer-related or HIV/AIDS conditions), gender, genetic characteristics or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws.
Health care benefits available after 90 days of employment.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required