El Futuro has a 14-yr history of providing culturally informed mental health and substance use treatment services to Latino families. We are more and more called to share this approach with other providers across the state. El Futuro’s strategic plan has two main initiatives - one of them being to develop into a national model and resource center. The primary work for this position will be to develop our marquee program, La Mesita, the NC Latino mental health and substance use provider network. The training associate director will be responsible for curriculum planning, supervision of content development and delivery, teaching, and program evaluation.
- Direct the La Mesita Program - La Mesita was formed in 2017 to develop the NC Latino mental health and substance use treatment workforce.
- Online network blog and information portal
- Moderate and develop content for communications in the Mighty Networks software that connects members of La Mesita
- Moderate and develop content for the La Mesita page of the El Futuro website.
- Monthly webinar series
- Organize and convene content committee to define relevant information and recruit presenters
- Schedule webinar presentations and ensure webinars are conducted in a professional manner
- Learning Cohorts
- Organize cohort curriculum and activities
- Recruit faculty for presentations
- Oversee and coordinate cohorts, recruit participants
- Annual Summit on Latino Behavioral Health
- Oversee coordination, content planning, and recruitment of speakers
- ECHO Program (Extension for Community Healthcare Outcomes)
- Attend ECHO Model Replication & Implementation training (also known as an Immersion)
- Lead El Futuro as an ECHO Replication Partner
- Organize didactics
- Coordinate case consultations / case-based learning
- Coordinate with El Futuro Clinical Program Director and Operations Director the telehealth consultations that emerge from ECHO case consultations
- Liaison with participating organizations
- Coordinate CEUs and CMEs for EF training programs
- Design, lead, and implement certification program within 3 years
2. Program evaluation - Oversee evaluation of and reporting on all elements of the training program
- Supervise La Mesita project manager
4. Clinical Services:
- Provide 3 hours per week of direct patient care
- Support and provide feedback about monthly group supervision for El Futuro clinicians: this is a work led by the El Futuro Manager of Clinical Programs & Clinical Supervisor
- Participate as an El Futuro team member in development work:
- Decorating, setup, take down for the annual fundraising luncheon
- Associated activities like the friends and family campaign in the fall
- Provide biannual 360 evaluations of El Futuro colleagues twice / year
- Advanced degree of LCSW, LPC, PMHNP, PhD or MD in psychiatry, psychology, social work, or Education.
- Published research on Latino mental health
- Translational research experience
- Implementation science experience
- Curriculum development experience
- Clinical experience
- Bilingual Spanish/English (oral and written) preferred
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Applications are due by March 26. Please send a resume and cover letter by email to El Futuro’s Executive Director, Luke Smith, MD, at firstname.lastname@example.org and explain your interest in the position.
No phone calls. Please do not apply if you do not meet the qualifications. Employment agency
inquiries are not welcome.