Details: Salary is commensurate based on experience.
1133 19th Street, NW, Suite 1000
The National Event Planning Manager is responsible for organizing and facilitating special events, large gatherings, and functions held by the organization at the local and state level. The person must be able to organize events that may be attended by a few people or as many as thousands. The primary event is the Annual National Convention. Each event has its own needs and requirements, and the planner is responsible for developing and executing a project event schedule for each event and ensuring that is followed. The planner must be able to make decisions on the needs required to execute a successful event. The person must be skilled in negotiating prices for goods, services, and facilities; they should establish and maintain relationships with quality purveyors and providers, while ensuring that all pricing remains competitive. The person works closely across departments to ensure collaboration and coordination for successful execution of events. Additionally, the person is responsible for soliciting and securing funding for special events. This position also has supervisory responsibilities and supervises bargaining union employees.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Responsible for the overall planning, execution and organizing of events. Negotiate contracts, evaluate options with a variety of vendors for events, arranges for all related services.
· Develops project plans and monitors timelines and deadlines related to all aspects of the event.
· Research potential event sites in selected geographic locations, utilizing the services of a local convention and visitor’s bureau. Prepare and facilitate review of alternative site information, leading to selection of a geographic location and property for the events.
· Identify and secure venues for events in addition to acquiring permits if required.
· Solicit corporate, government and union participation as sponsors, exhibitors and advertisers.
·Oversees contractors responsible for vendors/exhibitors/sponsors to ensure all logistical detail are properly executed as per contractual agreements.
· Oversee design and production of marketing materials.
·Serve as the sponsor liaison and manages the events, exposition, job fair and service vendors.
· Attract new corporate partners and sponsors for events year-round.
· Develop and monitor budgets to ensure revenue and expenses are within approved budget.
· Review financial information for accuracy for services and materials rendered by the service provider and prepare the final financial report.
· Manage and work with appropriate staff to evaluate all events, ensuring continual improvement and quality customer service.
· Extensive experience in the hospitality industry and strong customer service skills
· Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
· Ability to make quick decisions and use critical judgement skills.
· Ability to negotiate contracts with service providers, vendors and sponsors.
· Experience in developing and executing project plans and budgets.
· Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and other databases such as FileMaker Pro.
· Ability to design marketing materials.
· Ability to work with corporations and government offices.
Required Education and Experience:
LULAC is looking for an experienced professional that meets the qualifications plus the following: Minimum of an Associate’s Degree in Business or Hospitality.
Ten (10) years of solid work experience in event planning and demonstrated experience in managing large conventions.
Preferred Education and Experience:
Experience in working with non-profits organizations.
Bilingual in Spanish a plus but not required.
This position has supervisory responsibilities.
This position regularly requires long hours and occasional weekend work.
Ability and willingness to travel throughout the United States and Puerto Rico.
- Accrual of 4 hours of sick time and 4 hours of vacation time per pay period.
- 10 Paid Federal Holidays
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance Available for enrollment
- Retirement Plan
Level of Language Proficiency
Fluency in Spanish a plus.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Candidates should submit their resume demonstrating qualifications, education and work experience required for the position. All applications must be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00pm EST on the closing date. Any questions may be directed via email to the Human Resource Officer at email@example.com.