The Office Administrator plays a key role in the day-to-day operations and administrative needs of the EarthWalk office and staff. The Office Administrator ensures a high degree of professionalism, attention to detail and commitment to accuracy, quality customer service, and exemplary community relations. The Office Administrator will organize and implement standard operating procedures in order to ensure organizational effectiveness, efficiency and safety. Office Administrator responsibilities include bookkeeping and data management, responding to phone and email inquiries, keeping the office equipped and functioning, greeting visitors, supporting outreach efforts, and providing general administrative support to EarthWalk staff.
● The Office Administrator reports directly to the Executive Director.
● The Office Administrator does not directly oversee any staff.
● The Office Administrator works closely with the Development Manager, Youth Programs Director and
Executive Director to comprise the Admin Team that works collaboratively to understand and ensure financial and operational well-being.
This is a part-time hourly position requiring 20 hours/week.
Communication & Program Administration
● Provide excellent communications with and between EarthWalk’s constituents including staff, families, businesses, and the community;
● Attend to incoming phone calls and email correspondence in a timely and professional manner;
● Provide administrative support to conduct program and fundraising outreach efforts, including monthly
e-newsletters, creating and distributing flyers, updating the website, placing paid advertisements, sending out appeal letters, and posting regularly to social media to advertise programs and build visibility;
● Provide marketing support as needed such as editing, proofreading, and working with external service-providers;
● Manage all program registration processes and associated databases, including student enrollment and financial aid;
● Support production of outreach and program materials, resources and correspondence;
● Serve as the point person for maintenance, mailing, shipping, supplies, equipment, bills and errands;
● Participate actively in the planning and execution of EarthWalk events; and
● Support and update the organizational and program calendars.
● Manage accounts payable by implementing regular bookkeeping protocols;
● Manage and transfer information from program registration so ware (CampBrain) into Quickbooks to
maintain accurate accounts receivable;
● Generate monthly financial statements as well as other financial reports requested by the Executive
Director, staff and board and work to ensure reports are as accurate and up to date as possible;
● Coordinate relationships with vendors, service providers and landlord, ensuring that all items are
invoiced and paid on time; and
● Support the documentation and implementation of human resources policies and procedures.
● Ensures care and upkeep of office facilities and systems, including phones, computers, printers, and general use of office building space; orders and manages all merchandise and supplies;
● Facilitate and troubleshoot office equipment and technology;
● Organize and implement standard operating procedures in order to ensure organizational effectiveness, efficiency and safety;
● Ensure filing and record keeping systems are maintained and current;
● Ensure security, integrity and confidentiality of data;
● Monitor and maintain office supplies;
● Maintain a safe and secure working environment; and
● Complete other duties as required or as time allows, including the possibility of working on additional programs or initiatives that are a good match for the Office Administrator’s skill set.
● An interest in nature-based education and the EarthWalk mission;
● Demonstrated experience with business or nonprofit administration;
● A friendly presence with an ability to communicate effectively with diverse groups of people, including children, coworkers, parents, community members and collaborators;
● Possess strong attention to detail, a high level of integrity, a positive attitude and comfort with self-direction; and
● Well organized, task oriented, flexible and enjoys the administrative challenges of supporting an office of diverse people;
● Experienced in using Microsoft Office suite, online databases, email marketing so ware, website platforms, and Quickbooks accounting so ware.
● A desire to commit long term; and
● A commitment to improvement through professional development.
● Able to li at least 50 lbs
● Continually able to sit at a desk and work in an office setting to execute job responsibilities
● Proficiently use computer-based so ware programs
● Occasional off-site travel as needed for program delivery and special events
EarthWalk Vermont provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.
Paid vacation, paid sick time, professional development opportunities.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
TO APPLY: Please submit a cover letter, resume and three references with contact information to: email@example.com
Submitted file names should conform to the following naming protocol: Last_First_Resume...
Word and pdf files are acceptable