Part Time Temporary Contract
Free Press Unlimited is currently seeking to hire (as soon as possible):
Trainer – Multimedia Storytelling
The trainees are reporters from Middle-Eastern media outlets that already have been trained journalism and production skills, fundamentals and ethics of journalism including reporting on human rights and gender sensitive issues. Therefore, they have already reached an intermediate to advanced journalistic level.
For this training round up to 10 journalists will follow a 3/4-day workshop on using Multimedia for Storytelling. The trainer is required to be an expert in journalism and multimedia training for journalists. At the end of the training trainees are expected to have understood, practised multimedia journalism and have produced multimedia items. It is expected that the trainer together with a senior coach/trainer will design a workshop where Free Press Unlimited will also contribute with methodology and tools. The cooperation is aimed to keep synergy and continuity in the learning programme as well as being result oriented. Expected implementation between April and July 2018.
- To design a lay-out for the training
- To make a group of journalists aware of the possibilities and specific features of multimedia storytelling
- To train a group of journalists using all media form – video, audio, photos, text, animation – that will present a segment of a story in the most compelling and informative way
- To train on multimedia storytelling and give hands-on practice with creating video, photos, data visualizations and more
- To produce/adjust if necessary learning tools
- To have good assessment tools that can be used to evaluate the training and the trainees' performances
- To report on the results of the training and give recommendations to the trainees, the organisations where the trainees come from and to Free Press Unlimited
We’re looking for an energetic and driven individual with:
- Proven educational background
- Proven work experience as a trainer in a similar or the designated field
- 5 year working experience with online/ social media journalism
- Experience in production of multimedia stories
- Knowledgeable about the Middle East and its local sensitive issues
- Fluency in Arabic, good written and spoken English
- Outstanding communication and training skills
- Good research and analytic skills
- Ability to monitor, evaluate, and recognise weaknesses and strengths of the trainees
- Flexible, creative, and challenge aspiring
- Based in, or willing to travel to the ME
We offer a freelance contract, in a dynamic international environment with an NGOs fair salary based on local standards. Free Press Unlimited uses fair selection criteria based on equal opportunities.
Who we are
Across the globe, journalists and media pioneers have taken it on themselves to supply their communities with objective information. Free Press Unlimited actively supports these professionals in over forty countries, by offering them, among other things, trainings and temporary financial and material aid, and by strengthening their professional capacity. So that as many people as possible gain and keep access to truly vital information. For many people around the world, access to reliable information is by no means a given. Nevertheless, impartial information is of crucial importance to all of us if we wish to survive and develop as human beings. For more information on Free Press Unlimited check our website www.freepressunlimited.org.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
If you are interested in this position, please send your motivation letter and CV (preferably in PDF format) by 25 March to firstname.lastname@example.org.