1414 Soquel Avenue
1414 Soquel Avenue
CONFLICT RESOLUTION CENTER OF SANTA CRUZ COUNTY JOB DESCRIPTION
Title: Executive Director
Positions Supervised: Program Managers, Office Administrator, and Independent Contractors Hours: 20 hours per week
The Conflict Resolution Center has been serving the people of Santa Cruz County for over 30 years, offering affordable, accessible mediation, training and facilitation services. CRC supports people in finding satisfying solutions to difficult problems. We accomplish this goal with the assistance of our skilled and dedicated volunteers. Over the last year, CRC volunteers provided 4,860 hours of service to our community. More information about our programs and services can be found on our website: www.crcsantacruz.org.
The Executive Director serves as the chief operating officer of the Conflict Resolution Center of Santa Cruz County (CRC), with responsibility for program oversight, general administration, and organizational outreach.
Description of Duties:
Program Oversight (approximately 40%)
- Hires, supervises, and evaluates program staff and contractors.
- Serves as liaison to program partners including court, Probation Department, and municipalities.
- Ensures Program Managers are updating, promoting, scheduling and evaluating program services (including public workshops, mediation, facilitation, and training services), and are providing appropriate data to the ED regarding outcomes/impact.
- Prepares appropriate reports to stakeholders on an “as needed” basis, including a CRC Annual Report.
- In conjunction with the CRC Board and Staff, coordinates donor and volunteer appreciation events.
- Establishes new partnerships with government and nonprofit organizations for purposes of
- collaborative service development.
- Participates in training and mediation activities based on availability and capability.
General Administration and Financial Management (approximately 30%)
- Prepares annual agency budget.
- Performs contract and grant development and administration, ensuring compliance with all related
- laws and provisions.
- Oversees payroll, accounting and bookkeeping functions.
- Develops/maintains administrative and record keeping systems necessary to provide services.
- Manages financial and human resources, and provides reports to funders and Board of Directors.
- Manages operations of the CRC office and ensures timely updates to CRC’s website.
Outreach (approximately 30%)
- Develops and maintains relationships with new and existing referral sources.
- Increases public awareness of CRC’s mission and services throughout Santa Cruz County by means of press releases, informative presentations, representation of CRC at public functions, and networking with community leaders.
- Supports the Board of Director’s in developing of donors and fundraising activities.
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Experience managing a staff
- Experience crafting, monitoring and managing a budget
- Grant writing and program development
- Knowledge of and/or experience with mediation practices
- Non-profit program oversight
Additional Experience Preferred:
- Donor development
- Training, facilitation and presentation skills
- Working with a Board of Directors
- Volunteer coordination and oversight
- Strategic planning
- Communication skills (written & verbal)
- Comfortable working with people at all levels
- Experience planning meetings and events
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send your resume and a cover letter that illustrates how your skills and experience fit our required qualifications to our email address: Info@crcsantacruz.org Please also indicate where you heard about the job opening.
Please include up to three references, with name, title, and phone number.