441 West 26th Street
The Hudson Guild is looking for a Director of Social Services. This position will be responsible for all the case management services at a Hudson Guild partner agency, including selecting, training, supervising and evaluating the case management staff and volunteers. Developing effective standards; meeting contractual obligations; developing and overseeing the implementation of program policies and procedures; and serving as a link/enhancing collaborations among Hudson Guild’s internal departments, as well as various local and civic groups.
In order to be considered, you must have the following:
- MA in Social Work; LMSW
- Minimum 2+ years providing case management as a supervisor.
- Previous experience working with low income families and individuals, severe and persistent mental illness, and/or substance abuse
- Proven flexibility, multi-tasking, and problem solving abilities
- Proven demonstration of strong crisis management skills
- Able to work independently in a fast paced environment
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to build effective relationships/partnerships with diverse populations and community based agencies.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel
In order to impress us, you will also have the following:
- Bilingual an English and Spanish
- Experience with community building, outreach, and performing community needs assessments.
- Assess needs of target population, including eliciting input from various constituencies, and develop responsive services programming taking into consideration physical and mental health, diversity of culture, ethnicity, gender, and lifestyle.
- Supervise staff, volunteers and MSW interns including staff productivity, staff performance evaluations and monitoring and ensuring quality of services; identify and address staff development needs.
- Provide on-site coordination for ancillary services as needed.
- Develop and implement program policies and procedures, providing necessary manual and computer documentation and record keeping.
- Participate in program evaluation activities, including tracking and documenting outcomes of groups and service activities.
- Manage case management staff and volunteers
- Ensure compliance of program and services with agency mission and with regulatory and funding agencies.
- Participate and promote participation in agency-wide activities, committees and initiatives.
- Solicit ideas from participant staff and volunteers in developing the program’s community building efforts.
- Meet program’s contractual and funding obligations.
- Facilitate staff’s use of the agency’s participant database.
- Function as program and agency representative with related institutions and individuals; attend meetings representing Hudson Guild
- Prepare and submit various reports to Director, as required.
- Participate in community-building activities sponsored by program and agency and encourage participants to support these activities.
- Other related duties/responsibilities as assigned.
Health benefits (health, dental, mental, vision)
24 Vacation days
12 Sick days
Level of Language Proficiency
Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please apply here: https://hudsonguild.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=25