ABOUT THE POSITION: The Program Coordinator provides oversight and coordinates programming for the assigned program. Programing will directly address resident issues and provide case management to a small case load and provide leadership support to the case management team. The Coordinator works with the Program Manager and the Director of Housing Services to facilitate the development and expansion of services through engaging with the community and building networks. Time is divided between leading shift coverage, supervising front line staff, administrative tasks, HMIS management, schedule management, and case management and case management support. All responsibilities are conducted in a manner consistent with the spirit of the Compass mission and philosophy of care.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM: Providing eighty (80) units of Permanent Supportive Housing To individuals who have experienced chronic homelessness and have at least one disability. The program offers case management and resources to help participants stabilize in housing by addressing barriers that have contributed to housing concerns. At Nyer Urness House improving one’s quality of life with supports on site and connecting to community resources is critical. All units are filled through the Coordinated Entry system. 21 units are set aside for Veterans who have experienced homelessness.
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION: Compass Housing Alliance develops and provides essential services and affordable housing for homeless and low-income people in the greater Puget Sound region. We envision a world in which every person lives in a safe and caring community. Compass offers an open, supportive, and challenging work environment committed to promoting the dignity and well-being of each person that we serve. We recognize the value that different perspectives and cultures bring to the organization. To learn more about the agency visit www.compasshousingalliance.org.
LOCATION: Nyer Urness House – Ballard
REPORTS TO: Program Manager
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
SCHEDULE: Weekdays some planned evening and weekend work (plus, evenings and weekends as needed for emergency on-call)
SALARY RANGE: DOE and within Compass ranges
FULL-TIME BENEFITS INCLUDED: Unlimited Orca Transportation Pass, Medical/Prescription/Vision, Dental, $500 Health Flexible Spending Account 4 Weeks of Paid Time Off (PTO) & 11 Paid Holidays, Retirement Plan, Employee Assistance Program.
• Bachelor’s degree in social work or related field preferred. Master’s degree a plus. Or relevant service and management work experience, certificate and/or equivalent continuing professional development or education.
• A minimum of 1-years’ experience in a human/social services setting with a focus on homelessness, supportive housing, mental illness, substance abuse, employment, or domestic violence, strongly desired.
• A minimum of 1-years’ experience in direct supervision/management of people, desired.
• Experience in outreach, or case management for housing insecure families and individuals, required.
• Familiarity with issues of homelessness, mental illness, substance abuse, sexual assault, and/or domestic violence, required.
• Awareness and/or training around issues of equity, intersectionality, and belonging.
• Support residents in maintaining housing with supportive interactions and understanding of housing responsibilities, such as lease compliance.
• Coordinate community building. Organize, lead, and supervise educational, social, and recreational programming for residents on topics such as: life skills, experiential learning, nutrition, employment, arts/crafts, games, kinesthetic activities, etc.
• Provide building support through unit inspections, property walks, and light cleaning/sanitization.
• Encourage life skills regarding unit cleanliness, healthy living, budgeting, etc.
• Support food/meal service for residents.
• Participate and support the develop of monthly newsletter, flyers and communication for upcoming events, resources, and learning opportunities for residents.
• Support and engage with volunteers. Collaborate with local resources and service providers to enhance resident opportunities.
HOW TO APPLY?
Please visit our website for more details and complete an application at http://www.compasshousingalliance.org/employment/
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
Compass Housing Alliance is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity and treats all employees and applicants equally without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, citizenship, veteran or marital status, sensory, physical or mental disability and all other groups protected by law, and promotes diversity in its workforce. Compass Housing Alliance takes affirmative action to implement programs and maintain practices and policies that eliminate barriers to equal employment opportunity. Our program is available for review by employees and applicants for employment in the Human Resources Office during regular office hours.
In compliance with the ADA Amendment Act, should you have a disability that requires assistance and/or reasonable accommodation with the job application process, please contact the Human Resources department via phone at 206-474-1100 or via e-mail at HRInfo@compasshousingalliance.org.
ABOUT THE POSITION: The Program Coordinator provides oversight and coordinates programming for the assigned program. Programing will directly address resident issues and provide case management to a small case load and provide…