Transparentem is a U.S.-based non-profit that advances the well-being of workers and communities by exposing hard truths to those with the power to transform industries, primarily companies sourcing products from global supply chains. Our goal is to eradicate environmental and human rights abuses in global supply chains. We are currently focused on the apparel and footwear industries.
We are seeking an Engagement and Outcomes Analyst, who will report to the Deputy Vice President of Strategic Engagement (DVP). The Strategic Engagement (SE) Team serves as the public face of Transparentem and delivers the results of its investigations to relevant brands, retailers, and importers, as well as to investors, regulators, and select journalists and advocacy organizations. The team shapes Transparentem’s overall engagement strategy and serves as an in-house industry expert to the rest of the organization.
Transparentem does not publish the products of its investigations. Instead, we deliver our reports strategically to selected entities best positioned to leverage their influence to positively impact vulnerable populations and remediate degraded environments.
The Engagement and Outcomes Analyst will:
- Lead research efforts and draft summary reports to inform Transparentem’s evolving engagement strategy with key stakeholder groups, in particular: a) Investors, underwriters, and other financial services groups, and b) Regulators and governments.
- Track and analyze key developments in emerging due diligence and supply chain legislation globally, draft assessments and recommendations on how such developments should inform and evolve SE’s engagement strategy, and serve as team expert on this topic.
- Lead the SE Team’s efforts on implementing its assigned organizational Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Plan responsibilities, including: a) Developing indicators and metrics as needed, b) Coordinating the tracking of data for SE’s operational indicators and key project outcomes to inform our M&E reporting, and c) Representing SE on our in-house M&E working group.
- Develop content for and draft key outreach materials (questionnaires, correspondence) for companies to collect material used to inform Transparentem’s reporting.
- Contribute to background research led by the Industry Research Analyst, drafting content on company policies and procedures, and supply chain connections between companies.
- Along with the Industry Research Analyst, contribute to research to inform our outreach to key stakeholder groups and to inform our remediation recommendations to companies.
- Contribute to analysis of company responses to Transparentem’s outreach to inform our reporting.
- Work with the DVP and the SE Team on information archiving, key event and conference tracking, and other logistics and administration.
- In collaboration with SE team members, develop strategies for enhancing Transparentem’s engagement with companies and other relevant stakeholders.
- Draft materials as needed to prepare key staff for in-person meetings with representatives from brands, governments, and civil society.
- Participate in external meetings, webinars, and calls, and provide meeting support as needed.
- Provide proofreading and fact-checking support for the SE Team as assigned, and
- Monitor sources of information on labor and environmental issues related to apparel and textile companies.
What We’re Looking For:
This is a challenging role that requires total discretion, as well as strong organizational, analytical, and research skills. We are looking for individuals with:
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience including at least 2 years of experience using quantitative and qualitative methods to conduct research on human rights or environmental issues in global supply chains.
- Past experience conducting such research for an investment firm, journalist, or as part of a non-profit organization’s company engagement or campaign team is helpful.
- Familiarity with investor/financial-sector actions to improve conditions in company supply chains is a big plus;
- Familiarity with company business structures, social compliance practices, and labor and/or environmental records is a plus.
- Past experience with program monitoring and evaluation, for an NGO, government agency, company, or equivalent institution; including on indicator development, tracking and managing data, and analyzing results and outcomes;
- A demonstrated track record of accumulating, organizing, and analyzing complex volumes of data, as well as the ability to communicate findings in writing or via Excel spreadsheets, to help inform strategic decisions;
- A solid grounding in human rights, labor, and/or environmental issues;
- Experience engaging with brands, NGOs, government agencies, and/or industry associations and similar groups;
- Extraordinary attention to detail;
- Strong research, writing, and communication skills;
- Ability to balance short and long-term priorities, as well as individual and organizational goals;
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject, or equivalent experience; Master’s degree or equivalent experience a plus.
- Experience with the Adobe suite of programs (particularly Acrobat and InDesign) a plus;
- Experience with the Apple presentation program, Keynote, a plus;
- Experience working with apparel or other consumer goods supply chains a plus;
- Fluency in English required;
- US work authorization required.
Transparentem is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and encourage all interested candidates to apply. Please apply directly through our website at https://www.transparentem.com/job-openings/.
Start Date: Immediate
Location: New York City or Washington, DC (Please note we are currently 100% remote due to COVID-19.)