132 West 65th Street
Position Title: Grants Manager
Reports To: Director, Institutional Giving
Serve as a key member of institutional giving team raising funds from foundations and government agencies in support of New York Philharmonic’s artistic and education programs, community outreach activities, new media initiatives and special projects.
- Work with Director, Institutional Giving to develop and implement strategies for cultivation and solicitation of current and prospective institutional donors to achieve revenue goals of $3+ million annually, including identification of new prospects.
- Serve as first point of contact for key foundation and government donors; help to initiate and steward these relationships as appropriate.
- Write high level foundation and government grant applications and reports.
- Conduct weekly research on foundation and government prospects and prepare profiles using Foundation Center resources and 990 documents, in collaboration with Research Team.
- Help maintain internal grant proposal and report calendar and revenue tracking.
- Work closely with colleagues throughout the Philharmonic to gather and verify information for proposals, applications, and reports, including Artistic, Education, Finance, and Marketing staff.
- Generate and regularly update program budgets, financial reports, and supplemental materials for proposals and reports.
- Prepare written materials as needed for other areas of Development Department, including invitations, program summaries, correspondence, and campaign materials.
- With Manager, Development Operations, develop and maintain crediting for institutional supporters including donor-specified language for printed and online materials.
- Perform other special projects as requested by the Director, Institutional Giving and Vice President, Development.
- Participate in special events as needed.
- Miscellaneous duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of three to five years development experience, preferably in institutional giving, with knowledge of foundation and government solicitation and stewardship process
- Detail-oriented with strong writing and organizational skills with direct experience writing and editing proposals and grant applications
- Ability to work independently and to manage multiple projects within a fast-paced work environment
- Good computer skills, including Word and Excel, and experience with a fundraising database
- Previous experience working with donors is desirable
- Experience at an arts organization and knowledge of classical music preferred
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send resume including salary requirements to: email@example.com. Please indicate position for which you are applying in the subject line. We regret that we will be unable to respond to each applicant. We will only contact candidates being considered for interviews. No phone calls please.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER