Details: Salary is commensurate with experience.
Global Student Embassy (GSE) is a young and innovative non-profit that provides in-depth experiential educational programs for high and college school students in California, Ecuador, and Guatemala. Join our passionate and vibrant team as we prepare young people to become environmentally conscious leaders who are skilled at taking action to address local and global challenges. Find out more at www.globalstudentembassy.org.
GSE is seeking to immediately hire an operations and systems-minded fundraising professional to join our growing and dynamic development team. The Development Associate, in partnership with the Development Director, shares responsibility for overall departmental goal achievement and is an integral member of the fundraising team. Primary duties include managing our database (Salesforce), evaluating all donor data, coordinating email and direct response efforts, event coordination, and managing a small portfolio of donors. This position will require meticulous attention to detail, good time management and the ability to juggle competing priorities.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage Donor Database, Gift Entry and Acknowledgments
- Manage data entry and overall integrity of the Salesforce database; maintain quality control of donor data entry and stay current on best practices
- Produce analytical, financial and statistical reports to track fundraising effectiveness; pull and analyze lists to support fundraising strategies
- Manage gift entry, payment system and mailing of donor acknowledgement letters
Support Annual Fundraising Campaign
- Pull data for appeals and analyze giving patterns to direct future giving
- Organize the thank you and acknowledgement process with development team and executive staff; conduct donor thank you calls
- Manage a portfolio of prospects to retain and cultivate new donors ($100-$500 gift range) and support all related stewardship efforts for department
- Work with Development Director to fulfill annual fundraising goals and provide administrative support to produce and mail annual appeals
- As a development team member, participate in monthly planning meetings with communications team regarding donor campaigns
- Produce monthly development dashboard reports for Board Meetings and Executive Director
- Produce endowment donor acknowledgement and stewardship reports
- Work with Director of Growth & Communications to plan for and calendar social media, email and marketing of programs and donor updates with the goal to increase donor cultivation and retention
- Manage ordering of development collateral and partner with Director of Growth & Communications to design new pieces as needed
Grant Writing and Tracking Support
- Write and search for new grants; support the submission and reporting of grants
- Keep program team on track to support grant efforts
- Manage grants calendaring process, tracking due dates of grant proposals and reports
Expansion Campaign Support
- Schedule and organize meetings and conduct donor prospect research
- Track pledges and gifts and create reports
- Send and coordinate thank you acknowledgment letters
- Provide support to plan and organize select donor cultivation events and meetings
- Support with major annual event, Cultivating Change
- Assist in intern supervision
- Assist with general office tasks and additional project support for Development Director as needed
- Bachelor's Degree
- At minimum two years of administrative or development experience
- Discretion and ability to maintain confidentiality
Knowledge and Skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to represent GSE
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and to prioritize tasks
- Ability to initiate, self-start, and seek out solutions
- Excellent attention to detail, organization and ability to meet deadlines
- Experience and competence with Salesforce software
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software and Google Drive (e.g. Excel and Word)
Submit resume and cover letter to Lara Morgan at firstname.lastname@example.org by July 27, 2018. Please include "Development Associate" in subject line. No calls, please.
Global Student Embassy’s work environment is safe and open to all employees and volunteers, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, and veteran status.
Salary is commensurate with experience. This is a non-exempt, full-time position, including some weekend and evening work. Some remote work negotiable. Competitive compensation package includes medical, dental, professional development stipend and paid annual vacation.
Some remote work negotiable. Competitive compensation package includes medical, dental, professional development stipend and paid annual vacation.
Level of Language Proficiency
Spanish is a plus, but not required
Minimum Education Required