Part-Time After School Teacher (English/Math) SEO Scholars San Francisco
- Job posted by Sponsors for Educational Opportunity
Details: Weekday Afterschool instructors are compensated at a per diem rate of $100. The per diem rate includes all preparation, meetings (including orientations), emails, grading, and completion of anecdotals.
2355 Folsom Street
SEO Scholars seeks additional math and English Language Arts (ELA) educators to implement a rigorous, college prep curriculum for our motivated and driven high school students. We are looking for passionate educators with a student-centered approach to teaching and learning.
Teach a rigorous, inspiring curriculum!
- All lesson plans and all curricular materials are provided
High-quality professional development and training
- SEO provides professional development, individual coaching, and opportunities to engage with other instructors in a collegial, inspiring environment that encourages reflection and growth.
Promote depth of understanding along with skill acquisition
- Instructors are considered thinking coaches and facilitators of learning who support students’ deep engagement with course content.
- Teaching Load - Instructors lead 2 different one-hour math or English classes of 10 to 12 students.
- Attendance & Punctuality - Commit to teach on all scheduled days of programming, arrive to programming on time (15 min before first class), and attend all meetings as scheduled by staff.
- Careful Preparation – Read and annotate all lesson materials prior to teaching.
- Instruction - Follow the required lesson plans and meet lesson objectives. Meet criteria for rigorous instruction.
- Feedback – Provide written feedback on at least five students per week.
- Abide by all SEO Procedures and Policies.
Fall semester classes begin in early September and ends in mid-December. Classes meet on Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays from 4:30 – 6:30 PM. Instructors lead 2 one-hour classes of 10-12 students each day. Considerations will be made for instructors to teach one, two, or all three days.
Weekday Afterschool classes will be held at John O’Connell Technical High School at 2355 Folsom St, San Francisco, CA 94110.
The ideal candidate:
- Has public high school teaching experience and a genuine love for teaching
- Has expertise and depth of knowledge in either ELA/social studies or math content
- Is passionate about student learning and completely dedicated to students’ success
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Is an energetic, reflective, and conscientious teacher looking to join a supportive and diverse community committed to securing social justice through education
- Is motivated and inspired by SEO Scholars’ mission
Minimum Education Required