Marketing Communications Coordinator
- Job posted by Jewish Family & Children's Service of Greater Boston
$30 million human service agency serving communities in Eastern and Central MA seeks a creative, high energy, flexible team player to assist the Marketing & Communications team in our Institutional Advancement department. The Marketing Communications Coordinator is responsible for the development and distribution of content across all JF&CS digital channels, including our websites, email marketing, and social media. The coordinator writes content, supports editorial and design content creation, and also monitors analytics. This position requires close collaboration with the Marketing team and colleagues in programs throughout the agency to leverage content that will raise the visibility of JF&CS with key audiences. We are constantly reflecting on our strategy and developing innovative approaches to our work so it is imperative that the Marketing Communications Coordinator be adaptable and flexible, as our goals and strategies will evolve over time.
Essential Job Functions:
- Develop content for print and digital collateral to promote agency programs (including for brochures, flyers, e-newsletters, emails, etc.)
- Write, solicit, and edit blogs about the work of our programs; post blogs on jfcsboston.org
- Enhance social media presence of JF&CS by developing program-related posts; leverage content to promote programs, gain new followers, and raise awareness of agency
- Coordinate email marketing needs with program staff – work with program staff on content creation; draft emails; make sure edits/approvals are received from necessary staff; monitor email analytics
- Maintain and update external websites: jfcsboston.org, yourelderexperts.com, adoptionresources.org, and disabilitylifespansolutions.com; work with program staff to ensure websites are up to date
- Work with special events staff on cultivation events
- Manage program-specific ad campaigns
- Project management
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor's Degree in marketing, digital marketing, or other closely related field or comparable work experience
- 3–5 years in a marketing position with proven success in designing and executing effective marketing campaigns
- Demonstrates initiative and ability to think across multiple digital channels in an integrated and creative manner
- Experience creating various types of content – posts, emails, newsletters, website, landing pages, calls-to-action, etc.
- Strong writing and editing skills; appreciates the power of good storytelling and visuals with an eye toward design
- Proven organizational skills, strong attention to detail, and expertise in managing and prioritizing many simultaneous projects
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team and multitask effectively in a fast-paced department, managing multiple projects simultaneously to a high standard
- Tenacity in learning new skills, identifying solutions, and resolving issues
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and ability to interact with staff at all levels
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (excel, word, outlook, power point)
JF&CS believes in developing talent and offers extensive opportunities for promotion for highly qualified employees. JF&CS offers an excellent work environment with competitive salary and a benefit package including generous paid time off, health and dental insurance, 403(b) retirement plan, and employee referral bonuses.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Resumes without a cover letter will not be considered. We regret that we cannot take phone calls regarding this position. JF&CS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
JF&CS has gone tobacco free at our Waltham campus.